Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gunsmith under Montana West

I was recently informed that BigSky gunsmith (under Montana West) on 309 is closed. Does anybody know where he went to? I haven't been to the door to see if he left a "fowrarding address".

According to the newspapers Montana West is closed up, so I take that the sandwich/wing shop under that is also closed (along with BigSky).

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Gunsmith under Montana West

I saw that also. Good question.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Called him on Saturday about shortening a barrel on a pistol, 12/11, and the message said he was out of the "gunsmithing" business, but did not hear that the store shut down as well. Just said to come by & pick up your guns. I liked his work. Now where do I go to get good smithing @ a fair price?

(Montgomery County)

Right before he closed, my cousin picked up a gun from him, and he said that he was closing but would re-open at some point making some sort of custom .22lr guns. I have no idea when or where, but he said to keep checking his web page. For the record, though, the job he did on my cousin's 10/22 was piss poor, and he did an action job on my Marlin 39A, which a few weeks later had its lever break off (not sure if it was related, though).
    - May the forCZe be with you.

(Northampton County)

Good, I hope they stay closed. Piss poor work! They can't even mount a scope on a new Savage .308. I could slide a dollar under the mount. They stripped a mounting hole too. Maybe the old man that took in the work is OK, but whatever monkey worked on my rifle should just stand in the back and clap his hands so that we know he is not touching anything!

Really bad.

(Chester County)

I'm not 100% sure, but I heard he is done and move out back West again. I heard this about a year ago.

(Northampton County)

I do my own work now! Thanks to Montana West. If it is something I can't do at home, I sell the gun and get another that has what I'm looking for from the factory.

At Precession Armament in Slatington, Charley screwed up big-time on a rifle of mine. Got my money back, but what a hassle.

Two for Two on my gunsmith experiences. But, Charley is a stand-up guy, when the problems were pointed out, he refunded the work. I still buy stuff in his shop, but not ready to have him do any mods. Montana West thought their sh#t didn't stink. What a joke. Hope he is a rent-a-cop at a mall now.

Had good experience with Ruger & S&W factories though. Just wish I didn't need to spend all that money shipping firearms.

(Montgomery County)

Saw you were looking for a good gunsmith. I just moved my gunsmith shop from Mississippi to Pottstown.
    I do all kinds of repairs,have a complete machine shop, and build custom guns.
    If you just want to talk call me at 610-705-4867
    Thanks,
    Jerry