Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Question Newbold Self Healing Targets

Anyone out there shooting at these? www.newboldtargets.com If so, how do you like them?

I ordered some of the smaller hanging and auto reset style from them. Should be more fun than paper.

I have been shooting at steel with rimfire and that is alot more fun than paper... A little reactionary target action is a good thing. (All done safely mind you)

I was wondering if anyone has shot at the Newbold targets with rimfire, does it flip the target around? I did order the 4" hangers and auto reset, so I don't think they would be too big for rimfire movement.

Newbolds website says they should be ok, but I was looking to get some feedback if you have blasted their stuff.

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Newbold Self Healing Targets

The range that we used to shoot at (back in the 90s) had a plate rack made using the Newbold targets. It was an indoor range and this way we could run some plate matches without any splatter. (Lights were not getting destroyed then.)

They worked O.K., as they state, use round nose ammo; hollow points tear them up faster - meaning you have to replace them more often.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Default Re: Newbold Self Healing Targets

We use the Newbold targets in our pistol league. When hit with a small cal. you may not see the target move. Make shure that hollow points are not used. Hollow points cause a cookie cutter effect tearing out the back of the target. The targets all in all take one hell of a beating and are worth the money!

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up *UPDATE* Newbold Self Healing Targets

Welp, First, thanks for the responses.

I ordered some of the Newbold Targets, they shipped super fast. I mounted them on a homemade sawhorse made from 2x4's, and just used coarse thread deck screws. Took 2 minutes.

I shot rimfire handgun and rifles at them. The hanging targets gave the most visible movement swinging wildly with each hit. The auto resets moved, but not as easy to see (fun) as the hanging, swinging ones.

I blasted away at them with 357mag, again handgun and lever rifle, with handmade hardcast lead RNFP's, and I was surprised how well these targets hold up. After the bullet goes through, it is only about a pinhole left in the target.

I am hooked on these. It is alot of fun nailing the various sizes and getting the reaction. Also the bullets hitting the targets give a nice "whack" sound that was easy to hear at 25 yds.

For target shooting they are a good option to paper targets. Seems like they will hold up to thousands of rounds through them.