Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Glock 20, Wolf Springs, question.

Is it required that I use the smaller firing pin spring that came with the recoil spring? Will it hurt anything if I dont use it?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 20, Wolf Springs, question.

I ran mine without it and it was fine, but i recently installed it and I have not really noticed a difference. It's a coin toss. I have just been shooting alot of Double Tap with a LWD SS guide rod and the wolff 22lbs spring combo. No problems at all.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Monroe County)

You dont have to use it but if you install it be sure to test the gun before you carry it for self defense as you might get light primer strikes/failure to fire etc. but it will make your trigger feels much better , but be sure to test WITH THE AMMO you intend to carry for self defense.

(Bucks County)

Well its a heavier spring, I can't see it producing light primer strikes. It has fired all the DT, BVAC, and Federal I have fed through it so far. I carry DT so my testing proves it acceptable for me.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Monroe County)

Yes if its a heavier spring you have nothing to worry about, i thought it were the lighter spring that Wolff usually includes in thier spring combo packages, in any case still check to make sure the spring is not rubbing on the channel.
    Just use your finger to bring it back a couple of times and see/feel how it plays in there.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Yes if its a heavier spring you have nothing to worry about, i thought it were the lighter spring that Wolff usually includes in thier spring combo packages, in any case still check to make sure the spring is not rubbing on the channel.
    Just use your finger to bring it back a couple of times and see/feel how it plays in there.
    I assumed he was talking about the FP spring that Wolff always includes w/ their recoil springs. I never used their stuff on a Glock, but I have used their Sig recoil springs, and I personally did not use the FP spring (which in a Sig, is really more of a FP rebound spring than something that determines how hard the hammer drops).

In my case, the gun wasn't due for a slide teardown, and so I figured I would try the gun out w/ a heavier recoil spring and stock FP spring. No issues...

Maybe on a Glock, you might see primer strikes that exhibit more "drag" than usual - But then again, maybe not. I forget if the Glock spring they include is a striker spring, or some kind of striker rebound spring, like the Sig kits...

I am pretty sure you will be fine.

Regards,

Bones

(Blair County)

Thanks guys, My only worry was that the stronger recoil spring made the slide close harder and without the stronger FP spring the firing pin could move forward when it stops in battery. I guess that would cause a runaway gun, but if its not a concern Ill leave it out. Ill be firing mostly double tap 180 gr controlled expansion 1350fps...and soon be getting a 6 inch barrel and red dot for it.

(Monroe County)

EDG the Gun cant fire if the slide moves forward with more force now because the firing pin will remain locked untill the trigger is pulled . If you do not pull the trigger everything is fine.

(Blair County)

Took it to the range today, really pleased with the accuracy, esp at 50 yards. I shot 10 at the pistol range, then walked over and shot 3 at the rifle range for 50 yards and found point of impact to be exactly the same. This gun either launches the brass into orbit or the other guys at the pistol range took my brass when I walked over to the rifle side.

(Monroe County)

Good going for you man, and you did the right thing - always test your gun after any gunsmithing no matter how simple it is.

Nyman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast