Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: What is a good scope to put on a Marlin 30-30?

As an old man with limited vision, a scope makes sense to me. I have a 35 Remington- Marlin 336 with a 4 power Bushnell and see thru mounts that my Dad who died in 1978 hunted with. The older I get the better idea it seems.
    I just put a red dot on my 1894 Marlin C last week, and like it.
    I have paid my dues and could care LESS what others think!

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    My second post was purely in response to your pathetic post. As if the fact that your entire family puts scopes on lever action rifles would prove anything. What if I told you that everyone in my family is wearing thongs, males included? Would that make you believe that it's a good thing and actually change your underwear? See how pathetic your post was?

As for my original response, I stick to it. The concept of lever action was to provide a mechanism for "rapid fire", "fast repetition". That is logically in conflict with the concept of a scope, used for "one shot, one kill, long distance". So a scope on top of a lever action rifle is not in tune with the original design goals of a lever action rifle. Period.

Jan
    At least I attempted to answer the OP's question, that's more than you can say for your post. My "pathetic post" was to show that there are people out there that have scopes on lever action rifles. As someone else noted, the .30-30 is capable of shots out to 150 yards with the proper ammo. A lever action .308 is capable of shots beyond that. The OP asked for suggestions on scopes, not whether or not scoping a .30-30 was a good idea. I don't appreciate the snide remarks, but seeing as I don't want to get into a pissing match, I'll be the bigger person and refrain from derailing this thread any further.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Washington County)

just buy the best scope youcan afford2-7 or a 3x9 will do fine for your rifle
    Last edited by bubba15301; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123