Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Wired Coffee Shop in Bethlehem very OC friendly

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    this is a very good question, especially with all the people who think Starsucks is a superior coffee.

i don't have this problem, i brew my own
    I used to actually grind my own. I need to stop being lazy and start doing this again, it was so much better.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    DOnt you need your ACT 235 to provide armed assitstance for wages...or barter?
    Technically, it would require a Private Detective License Unless of course, he was an actual "on the books employee".

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    No. If my friend owns a business and I'm with him and armed, while he's conducting sales, transporting money to the bank, etc, I don't need my act 235 as I'm not employed by him. I'm simply hanging out, and I have my gun as I do every time I leave the house. If something were to occur where my gun was required, it would fall back on the statutory law about what constitutes the use of lethal force.
    You sort of missed marinakorp's reference to receiving compensation, ie getting coffee, for his services. You standing around your buddy's business is fine. If he does it contingent on, let us say free dinner every night, then it becomes an issue. Not in the real world, but in the world of technical internet arguing and the actual text of the law (Title 22), you would be receiving reward. Heck, I actually did pro bono work, child adoption issue, for a client once, good 'ole farmgirl type. While very grateful, her inability to pay me did not sit well with her, so come butcher season she gave me a fully butchered hog as compensation. Just had to make it right. Technically, I received compensation. Tough to put on taxes, as would be uniballin's coffee.

Be safe (and get it where you can).

Scott

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    You sort of missed marinakorp's reference to receiving compensation, ie getting coffee, for his services. You standing around your buddy's business is fine. If he does it contingent on, let us say free dinner every night, then it becomes an issue. Not in the real world, but in the world of technical internet arguing and the actual text of the law (Title 22), you would be receiving reward. Heck, I actually did pro bono work, child adoption issue, for a client once, good 'ole farmgirl type. While very grateful, her inability to pay me did not sit well with her, so come butcher season she gave me a fully butchered hog as compensation. Just had to make it right. Technically, I received compensation. Tough to put on taxes, as would be uniballin's coffee.

Be safe (and get it where you can).

Scott
    I'm assuming that uniballin was just joking about being compensated in coffee for his "services". If he receives free coffee from the manager/owner/whoever because they like him/are friends with him, that's one thing. I think so long as there was never an actual contract, whether verbal or written, he would be fine. Ultimately, I doubt it would ever come up if a SD situation did occur. Unless uniballin or the coffee shop made a stupid statement like, "we paid him in coffee to work for us".

I do see what you're saying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I'm assuming that uniballin was just joking about being compensated in coffee for his "services". If he receives free coffee from the manager/owner/whoever because they like him/are friends with him, that's one thing. I think so long as there was never an actual contract, whether verbal or written, he would be fine. Ultimately, I doubt it would ever come up if a SD situation did occur. Unless uniballin or the coffee shop made a stupid statement like, "we paid him in coffee to work for us".

I do see what you're saying though.
    ^

Don't worry guys, I'm not trying to get around my Act 235 certification .

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I used to actually grind my own. I need to stop being lazy and start doing this again, it was so much better.
    I do grind it myself, only minutes before i brew it. if you grind it and let it sit for a few days, or get pre-ground, it leaches flavor form the beans that could otherwise make your coffee richer. also, never freeze unground beans but, i have an electric grinder, which makes things easier i would love to have a manual one as well, but have not come across one cheap yet.

and to anyone not in the know...good coffee is an art, which can not be replicated my machines and crappy training ever
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12