Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default sig 220 or kimber ultra

just trying to get a consensus on either a two tone sig with ct grips or kimber ultra carry 2...........what say the masses

Default Re: sig 220 or kimber ultra

Quote Originally Posted by lance4682 View Post
    just trying to get a consensus on either a two tone sig with ct grips or kimber ultra carry 2...........what say the masses
    Never fired the Sig but I love my Kimber UCII. Very light, conceals well and is very accurate.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Montgomery County)

Go shoot both (beg, borrow or steal while avoiding felonies) and decide for yourself. They are two very different pistols, both with their own strengths and weaknesses. Try before you buy...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

It depends on what the gun will be used for, or as mr. Nutnfancy would say POU" philosophy of use.

As you know they are 2 different Guns.

I like 1911's and i like Sigs, personally i wouldnt carry a fullsize Sig but i do carry this one, its a 220 carry, its shorter , lighter but carries the same 8 round mag as a fullsize 220, i love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The P220 has oft been described as "The Thinking Man's 1911." I've carried both the P220 Stainless Elite and a Sig Sauer Stainless 1911 on duty in Wrangell / St. Elias. Both had 8 round magazines and both felt about the same in the hand (with the Houge rubber finger groove grips) and both shot well, but the 1911 felt like it had a slicker action and it definitely had a better SA trigger than the P220. I had to stop using the 1911 because my supervisor pointed out a passage in RM9 where it says duty weapons have to be Classic Series DA/SA guns... SHIT.

If you're comfortable with the entire SAO cocked and locked thing and you're reasonably certain that the model you want is up to snuff, then go for the 1911. If you don't feel like laying out that much cash, then you can pick up a new P220 for $840 including shipping but not transfer from Nelson Tactical. http://www.nelsontactical.com/produc...p5p5j28813bnm5
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

If it's a duty weapon go with Sig 220, if its going to be a CC, personal protection, target and range gun the Kimber 1911. Either one are such excellent choices you can't go wrong with your selection.

I have a P220 Carry & carry it alot. I see you're in York. You can get a P220 at Atlantic Tactical in New Cumberland for $729 the last I checked.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Westmoreland County)

I've used several 3" 1911s that had zero reliability problems, (and one was a Kimber) but some 3" 1911s can be finicky. Based on your two choices, I would gravitate toward the 220 anyway.

BTW my previous carry weapon was a 4" Kimber Pro Carry, and it never had a problem.

(Allegheny County)

My P220 is insanely accurate and the trigger is warm butter smooth! I love this pistol and I do own two Colt 1911s, one a standard Government and the other the Commander. The Colts are mildly thinner and both are a dream to hold and shoot but the Sig outshoots both of them. No experience with Kimber. Oh, did I mention, Zero, zilch, nada malfunctions with any of the three I mentioned.

(Bucks County)

You might be better served to try an apples to apples comparison of the Kimber to a P220 in SAO(if you can find someone that has one). I have a Sig P220 Carry in SAO - great pistol! But I don't carry it as much as my Dan Wesson CBOB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast