Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Beaver SO

Default Beaver SO

Does anybody have an email address for the Beaver County Sheriff? Thanks in advance !

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Beaver SO

I've never been able to find an email address for the sheriff. All of the addresses I have seen for Beaver County officials, including one of the deputies, is first initial then the last name. You could try gdavid@beavercountypa.gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    Does anybody have an email address for the Beaver County Sheriff? Thanks in advance !
    I see you're from OH. If you're interested in a PA LTCF as a non-resident, contact the Centre County PA Sheriff and you'll have your PA license in less than two weeks...if you already have your OH license to carry. It's all done by US Mail.

Well I did email the Sheriff:

My name is ............, I live in Ohio, and have a CHL for my state. I was on vacation with my wife in your area
    recently and figured that it would be prudent to apply for an LTCf. We filled out the paperwork ahead of time.
    When we arrived at your office, we where told that you do not issue non-resident LTCF's. Your staff could not
    tell me why that is policy.
    So, I am asking you sir. Why do you not issue Non-Resident LTCF's?
    How does one stay complaint, with your state's laws, and still be able to carry a concealed weapon? Any
    input would be greatly appreciated.

And this was his answer:

Thanks for the inquiry and I am glad to respond. The State of Ohio is one of the few states that has no reciprical agreement nor honors another state's License to Carry Permit. As the Sheriff of Beaver County it is within my powers to deny anyone this privelege. When the State of Ohio falls in line with the 25 other states that do.....I will, also.

My name is ............, I live in Ohio, and have a CHL for my state. I was on vacation with my wife in your area
    recently and figured that it would be prudent to apply for an LTCf. We filled out the paperwork ahead of time.
    When we arrived at your office, we where told that you do not issue non-resident LTCF's. Your staff could not
    How does one stay complaint, with your state's laws, and still be able to carry a concealed weapon? Any

And this was his answer:

Thanks for the inquiry and I am glad to respond. The State of Ohio is one of the few states that has no reciprical agreement nor honors another state's License to Carry Permit. As the Sheriff of Beaver County it is within my powers to deny anyone this privelege. When the State of Ohio falls in line with the 25 other states that do.....I will, also.
    WOW... what a huge FAIL on the sheriff's part here... un-freakin-believable.

WTF does reciprocity have to do with issuing a non-resident a LTCF?????

Hint: NOTHING!!!!!!!

(e) Issuance of license.--

(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

<SNIP>

(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).
    Last edited by HiredGoon; November 4th, 2010 at 06:22 PM.

(Beaver County)

And this was his answer:

That's the exact same email I got today. I think he just copied and pasted the one he sent you because the name was wrong at the beginning of the email.