Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default well i just got my polish p64 with range report

well i order a polish p64 chambered in 9mm makarov, it cost me $200 delivered so i figured how can i go wrong! well i read about the trigger on a couple of gun sites and guys said the DA trigger was a little hard and the SA trigger was real scarry light! well the single action was real smooth and and it was light,but the gun was very accurate,now about the DA trigger, wow! this is almost unusible with just a single finger,mind you i have a S&W sigma,PF9 kel-tec and a P32 all known for long and hard triggers,put this p64 is way harder like to the point of looking into buying a wolf spring or something,but other than that the gun is like new,shoots great,very accurate,i shot about 40 rounds of some russian ammo i never heard of (the label is in russian except for the word 9MM Makarov) but no FTF's FTE's and it's real fun to shoot. so i guess for $200 it's worth looking into.
    here is a picture of my P64 side by side with my PF9 so you can see it is very small,also i included a better than my cell phone pic of a p64 from aims website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: well i just got my polish p64 with range report

Definitely give it the spring job and you won't believe the difference. They are fantastic guns, especially for the money. I liked my first so much that I'm waiting for the second to arrive any day now!

(Monroe County)

agreed! other than that tight spring i love it,and its a nice little carry gun too.

(Lackawanna County)

Now you need to get some more family members,Russian MAK,and a Hungarian PA63,put some Marshall grips on them and carry in style.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Northampton County)

redeye 202 is right you need some more. I have the polish p64 ,p83, hungarian pa63, bulgarian mak and I just picked up a russian hi cap in 9x18 with a real 12 round hi cap mag. I just need a east german to complete my collection.I refinished the p64 in burnt bronze cerakote and the p83 in a gray two tone cerakote. They are excellent shooters, buy some more before supplies are exhausted.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Monroe County)

I was actualy looking for a CZ82 or a makarov but when i saw the p64 i figured i go with that first,i see the cz82 all the time and not so often the p64,so the cz will be next.

(Monroe County)

THe P64 is a sweet little pistol ,i have a mint one made in 1973, btw all the springs for a Walther ppk fits the P64, i bought a Walther kit from Wollf and changed out everything, when you do you will get a nice sweet trigger pull on the DA side.

Enjoy.

(Monroe County)

I ordered the spring kit from wolf yesterday,can't wait to go back to the range.

(Monroe County)

Angry Re: well i just got my polish p64 with range report

So i get home from work today and there in my mail box is my p64 springs from wolfs! great so i look and compare the recoil spring to the factory spring and it looks about the same maybe a little heavyer then the factory polish spring! GREAT! i ordered the 22 lb recoil spring so that worked out great,well not so great on the hammer spring on this i ordered the 18lb spring because after some research the 17 was a little to light for some so i figured the 18 we be a big improvement but not a massive differance,well i saw right away that something was not right with this spring,it was so thin and light it looked like it was from a bic pen, so i say well before i get all worked up let me put it in a be sure,well now im sure! this spring is so lame it could not even hit the primer nevermind ignite one,i read how hard it was to put the mag release back on after a spring change! with this spring i can bind the coils of the spring with one finger,i don't know what they sent me but its not correct for sure,this realy sucks now i gotta wait another week for the right spring,and also what do i order? i stonger one or do i need just the RIGHT ONE! ARGGGGGGG
    Last edited by freddy g; July 8th, 2011 at 07:49 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Well that sucks, but here's the info you need on the springs:

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...s&cID=1&mID=49

You can find all the fixes and instructions you need here:

http://www.p64resource.com/fixes.php

Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast