Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Taurus Tracker 991

I am looking at possibly buying one in blued 6/6.5 bbl. anyone here have/had one,please no taurus bashers,only people who have experience with them need reply.

I have never owned a taurus of any kind and have seen all kinds of crap posted mostly by non owners,I know that there are Taurus revolver owners here and I ask for your help.

Yes, I like the 22magnum round,I have shot it through a SA revolver and it felt damn good and I kept it on the paper at 15yds.

Now for my meds and a nap,be back later.

Thanks All.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Default " ... ... Sink Ships"

Never mind.
    Last edited by LongOneShortOne; July 9th, 2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: My Ass-hat comment.
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

Default Re: Taurus Tracker 991

I do not own one but have shot two of them. The reason I have shot so many Tauruses is I don't mind begging people to let me shoot their Taurus if it is one I do not own. I have a blued Tracker in .44mag that has held up very well and has been shot quite a bit. The blued Taurus revolvers will rust if you don't keep them oiled. Back to the original question, the two I shot were both very accurate. If you have a steady hand, you can easily hit varmints at 50yds. You will be able to print a quarter size hole with this gun at 15 yards if you can shoot well.
    Last edited by harold63; July 6th, 2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: changed pistol to gun
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks guys,the meds are legal,they are needed to keep my lungs working and as of late when I take them I get tired,hence the need of a nap.

It's good to know that the tracker 22 magnums are good shooters,if I get one and can keep a 3-4 in. group at 15yds I will be a happy camper.

In a day or so I will be going to my favorite fun store and will handle a tracker 22 mag. with a 4in bbl. to see how the grip fits my hand,I like my pinkie finger to have a place on the grip and not be floating around under the grip,I know that there are no aftermarket grips being made for the compact frame trackers so if the grip is to short I will not buy the gun.

If all else fails I will buy a Heritage Rough Rider 22/22mag with the 6.5 in. bbl.,I had one and it was a damn good gun and like a fool I traded it away.

(Lycoming County)

I have one Taurus now and had another prior.

Presently I own the Tracker .357 Magnum.
    I love it and would not even consider selling it or trading it.
    Especially since it is a Colt Python replica!

The other I had was a M94 .22 LR blued 6.2 inch.
    It was fun to shoot but very cranky.
    Though it is billed as a DA/SA you cannot really shoot it in DA.
    The hammer pull was so hard.
    I researched it and found this was common.
    The thought was since the hammer is so narrow that the hammer needed a hard slam to the primer to discharge it.
    Some experimented and tried working the spring but it only discharged half the time.
    So we shot it SA only.
    To date this is the only gun I have gotten rid of.

But I do have my eye on the Taurus Tracker in .22 LR and .22 Magnum.
    Again, a beautiful looking handgun.
    It did not scare me away from Taurus.

Just research a little on the internet to see what people are saying who have owned it.

Just a thought!

Thanks.

Pistol Packin Preacher

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Packin Preacher View Post
    I have one Taurus now and had another prior.

Presently I own the Tracker .357 Magnum.
    I love it and would not even consider selling it or trading it.
    Especially since it is a Colt Python replica!

The other I had was a M94 .22 LR blued 6.2 inch.
    It was fun to shoot but very cranky.
    Though it is billed as a DA/SA you cannot really shoot it in DA.
    The hammer pull was so hard.
    I researched it and found this was common.
    The thought was since the hammer is so narrow that the hammer needed a hard slam to the primer to discharge it.
    Some experimented and tried working the spring but it only discharged half the time.
    So we shot it SA only.
    To date this is the only gun I have gotten rid of.

But I do have my eye on the Taurus Tracker in .22 LR and .22 Magnum.
    Again, a beautiful looking handgun.
    It did not scare me away from Taurus.

Just research a little on the internet to see what people are saying who have owned it.

Just a thought!

Thanks.

Pistol Packin Preacher
    I will most likely fire it single action,beside the tracker being a good looking gun I wanted one with a swing out cylinder for ease of loading and unloading.

(Washington County)

I have shot a few Taurus revolvers, from a Judge, to a CIA snubbie, and I just saw the Taurus 990 in 4 in stainless. I love the feel and the grips, and Taurus revolvers have always been good guns in my not so humble opinion... http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...eadcrumbseries=

I like the stainless steel so that rust is not such a worry.

Either way, its a great choice in a 22/22mag

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Thanks guys,the meds are legal,they are needed to keep my lungs working and as of late when I take them I get tired,hence the need of a nap.

It's good to know that the tracker 22 magnums are good shooters,if I get one and can keep a 3-4 in. group at 15yds I will be a happy camper.

In a day or so I will be going to my favorite fun store and will handle a tracker 22 mag. with a 4in bbl. to see how the grip fits my hand,I like my pinkie finger to have a place on the grip and not be floating around under the grip,I know that there are no aftermarket grips being made for the compact frame trackers so if the grip is to short I will not buy the gun.

If all else fails I will buy a Heritage Rough Rider 22/22mag with the 6.5 in. bbl.,I had one and it was a damn good gun and like a fool I traded it away.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lycoming County)

I will most likely fire it single action,beside the tracker being a good looking gun I wanted one with a swing out cylinder for ease of loading and unloading.
    This is exactly my thought!

But the other Taurus .22 revolver I had just had moments when the cyclinder would stick a little when drawing the hammer back so I decided to trade it and look for another.

I have a Ruger Single Six with both the .22 LR and .22 Mag cylinders but I miss a inexpensive shooting .22 where you load and shoot.

BTW - Ruger is bringing out the Single Six in a Single Ten now also!

I love the grip on my tracker - so comfortable in the hand.

Let us know what you decide!

Pistol Packin Preacher

(Allegheny County)

Yes, I like the 22magnum round,I have shot it through a SA revolver and it felt damn good and I kept it on the paper at 15yds.
    You might like the .17 variety then too. Especially if you are going for more a target style length barrel. That should increase the range at which the gun is accurate. Something to think about.

But would cost more to shoot.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    You might like the .17 variety then too. Especially if you are going for more a target style length barrel. That should increase the range at which the gun is accurate. Something to think about.

But would cost more to shoot.
    In our family we have a number of 22cal. pistols and rifles and 2 22mag. rifles,I want to add a 22mag. revolver or 2.

Some people like 45s-40s-357s,I like 22 and 22mags,they are great rounds that can be used for many purposes and when you buy 5000 rounds nobody thinks that your going to start a war,try that with the other rounds i mentioned and see what questions are asked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast