Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: HK P30

(Berks County)

Default HK P30

Picked up my "new to me" P30 today from John over at Seneca Arms. I can't wait to get out to the range and put a few holes in some paper! I see a photo shoot in the near future

So far I am in love with this gun, like a glove it just fits. I will follow up with a more detailed (hopefully unbiased love for this gun) post.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: HK P30

Pics or it's not true! :P

(Berks County)

I can't at the moment! I don't have an FTP client to upload pics to my site :/ I'm to lazy to crunch the file sizes to attach through the forum.. besides you perved my Facebook already!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    I can't at the moment! I don't have an FTP client to upload pics to my site :/ I'm to lazy to crunch the file sizes to attach through the forum.. besides you perved my Facebook already!
    lmao Aye! and a purdy thing she is too!

Congrats on the new P30. I bought one a couple months ago & love it. They're a bit pricey, but worth the money.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Berks County)

I had a chance to take out the P30 last night to an outdoor range with a friend that wanted to do the same thing as me, try out their new gun! It was pretty windy, and on the chilly side so we didn't go with the mindset to target shoot. (Also this range has an uphill pitch to it which in itself is an odd feeling) More just go play and see how our new guns felt, run off some rounds.

We get there and set up a few targets at the closest backstop they have (I'm not sure of the distance I think it was about 15 yards) At first we did go for bull With the P30 I kept in about a 5-6" group. Not to bad IMO under the conditions. The gun ran as smooth as I expected it would. The trigger which I heard so many mixed reviews on, I like! The DA mode is just as one would expect with DA a little more cumbersome, but not too hard of a pull and smooth with a clean break. SA mode seemed to be pretty close to what I am used to with my XD40, so it felt familiar. The sights were the only thing that took me a little adjusting to. First off the yellowish color second they are totally rear mounted, unlike my XD that the rear sights are about 3/4" forward on the slide. I am already looking at replacement sights though. All in all I am very happy with this gun.

I will more than likely be looking for some indoor range time to get a better feel for the gun with out outside elements. (more familiar with it) Then soon there after it will become my new carry.

I purchased this gun used for about the same price as a new M&P or XDM, >700.00 out the door. The other guns I was comparing to through most of this purchase. I was also looking at a Sig p226 used.

If you have some extra money and see a good deal on one of these I would jump on it. It makes a very nice addition to anyones collection.

(Allegheny County)

Ive got a 226 and a P30 and love them both. A lot of people hate the triggers but it really doesnt bother me. Congrats on the purchase!

Congrats on your new purchase. I love mine. IMO its THE BEST polymer combat pistol on the market right now. Others might disagree but, thats my story and I'm stickin to it. Enjoy the new P30.
    Last edited by brownman; November 1st, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Allegheny County)

The P30 is on my future purchase list right now. Friend of mine has one and swears by it. I only put 100rnds through his one time and as said already, it's one darn fine shooting platform. Probably going to unload one of my P228's and get the P30 after the Holiday season passes.