Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default My favorite thing about hunting so far

As some of you know im new to hunting, ive been out 3 times this year, my first year hunting. As much as i enjoy bringing home something that ive harvested and being able to cook it up just hours after i got it theres one thing that seems to be my favorite thing so far. Just being in the woods, its peaceful, quiet (except for the darn chipmunks lol) and is just a great time to relax and hangout and see the beauty that surrounds us that some dont ever get to see, srry for the mushiness haha

(Monroe County)

Default Re: My favorite thing about hunting so far

my favorite thing is picking which of the annoying damn tree rats I'm going to slice in half with an arrow :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    As some of you know im new to hunting, ive been out 3 times this year, my first year hunting. As much as i enjoy bringing home something that ive harvested and being able to cook it up just hours after i got it theres one thing that seems to be my favorite thing so far. Just being in the woods, its peaceful, quiet (except for the darn chipmunks lol) and is just a great time to relax and hangout and see the beauty that surrounds us that some dont ever get to see, srry for the mushiness haha
    i gotta agree with ya on that one. taking a game animal is just an added bonus on being out in the woods. for me, it is very relaxing and soothing to my soul to be out there.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

My wife realizes how much the 'quality' time means as every time I get home from the cabin she notices that I'm so relaxed that there are less lines on my face...I think she is jealous!