Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Yugolavian CZ

(Cumberland County)

Default Yugolavian CZ

Anyone know if a 1970's era Yogoslavian Police CZ model 70 in 32 acp is any good or crap ? I see one out there, pretty cheap, and I like the looks and wouldn't mind another 32 but not sure if it is anywhere near the quality of a Czech CZ ? Thanks !

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Yugolavian CZ

It's not the same as the Czech CZ, but I wouldn't say it's lacking in quality. They were made at the Zastava facility, which has always been pretty well regarded for quality work, notably for it's AK's.

Of course in later years they also made the Yugo automobile there as well...they should've stuck to firearms.

You just want to check it out and make sure it operates smoothly and the barrel isn't all pitted. Some of those pistols were still hanging around for the Yugoslavian civil wars of the 1990's and didn't get imported until after.

For those who believe that certain geographic regions just happen to produce better guns than others, keep in mind that after the Yugo civil wars, once Yugoslavia broke apart and Croatia had become it's own country (and was no longer receiving arms from Zastava) they built their own weapons factory. It now makes the extremely popular Springfield XD line of pistols, originally called the HS2000.

Yeah, I guess that was useless trivia that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the OP's question, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

(Monroe County)

The Checzs and Yugoslavians do not know how to make "crap" if its made in Yugoslavia and and Czhekoslovakia you can bet its a well made weapon.

Zastava makes quality weapons, in fact in the 1980's and early 1990's they marketed thier own guns here under thier own name but it didnt catch on , sort of like when the Croatians Marketed the HS2000 here it didnt catch on untill Springfield armory marketed it as the Springfield XD, same gun , made at the same place just a different name.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks guys, I really liked the looks of the pistol, it is in geat shape, and it is priced low - just wanted to be sure it wasn't junk. Good history too - tx

(Indiana County)

Yep, should be good to go, I've yet to see a crappy CZ.