Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default I’m a Lifetime NRA member and you disgust me

So I was taking the little one on our regular trip to the King of Prussia farmers market on township property and was open carrying as is my preference on nice days.

Part of our days are being taught the little things… like value of money, choices, work ehtic (etc) and she chose to have her arm painted by a face painting artist (I wouldn’t let he get the whole face painted, as the other kids at her birthday party later that day would be … well too many questions ) with her money for doing chores, etc.

After the arm painting, there was a group making “corn” dolls out of the husks of corn. No Charge, come on over, have fun, make a doll.
    While we were making the doll, and I was helping to braid the husks to make an Arm for the doll, a “gentleman” of about 40 years leans in and says in a subdued tone (almost inaudible) …

“I’m a lifetime NRA member and you disgust me…there are kids here, and I keep mine concealed (voice starting to creshendo) it is a huge liability, and we cant be around you!"

“what I am doing is legal in PA, and am trying to spend some time with my daughter, so if you don’t mind… I would like to get back to doing just that”

“ “Im an IPSC, USPSA…blah blah blah”

“I too shoot IDPA, and am a 2008 National Champion (Division / Class)”…trying to make some commonality here…but getting nowhere.

“How come your not at Topton…huh…why..why?”

“Because I’m spending time with my Daughter!”

He started muttering some obscenities…

“Do you mind not cursing in front of my child? What kind of Parent would curse in front of their child?” “Look, I see you doing this" (making the talking hand motion) "and I need you to do this" (making the silent hand motion)

“I hope no one comes up and tries to kill you, and you have to draw.. .and shoot, and hit my kids…I’ll sue… too much liability”

“Frankly, I don’t care what you do, what your views are, or what makes you upset…please move away, so I can continue to enjoy my time with my daughter (I have lost most of my patience at this time, but remaining calm ). He was on my right, his kids were on my left, and my daughter was directly in front.

As he crossed in front of me…he threw the elbow (a little) threw the stink eye..and I called him on it…

"Yo..why did you throw your elbow at me?"

"I didn’t you got in my way"

“I didn’t move, you passed in front, and threw your elbow… that can be considered an assault, please stop so I can enjoy my day with my child”

“come on kids…too much liability here” ..grabbing his kids and shuffling off.

We went on to enjoy the rest of our morning playing in the park, and she had a wonderful birthday party with her schoolmates, making tie dye shirts, eating pizza and cake.

Watched her HAGGLE for a piece of jewelry like a pro!

There was a jewelry merchant there (hand made crafts, junk, etc) She was looking at a bracelet, necklace…but had spent most of her money on other things .

I said “do you have enough to buy that…”

“No, you can give it to me, or loan it to me for next week?”

"I said no honey, you have your money, you made your choices. Maybe next week if you still want it, you can buy it." (I knew she only had a dollar left)

So she looks around for other things… and finds a nice charm for a necklace…says 3.00.

She says to the woman…”how about a dollar for that charm? All I got, it is the best I can do. If you want to sell that, I got a Dollar.”

The woman was taken back..shocked almost… said…”you know, I can do that for a dollar”

Makes me glad to know that she can hold her own at 6years old. She has some MAD negotiating skills.

(Washington County)

Default Re: I’m a Lifetime NRA member and you disgust me

Wow... Why is it so hard for some people to realise that we are on the same side. That guy was acting worse than most anti's. You handled it well, at least it didnt ruin your day with your daughter.

(Indiana County)

As a NRA life, GOA,SAF,KECA member I salute you sir.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Luzerne County)

Another violent angry hater. There is garbage everywhere.
    Just tell him to leave you alone and then ignore him. Call the police when he refuses to stop harassing and threatening you.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Boo to that guy. Why would someone come in a tries to kill you in his little hypothetical scenario? I don't get it.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Boo to that guy. Why would someone come in a tries to kill you in his little hypothetical scenario? I don't get it.
    People with such anger/rage issues tend to not think clearly on subjects that spur their rage. They can't help it, it's pathological.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Why would someone come in a tries to kill you in his little hypothetical scenario?
    Because when you OC, you give up the element of surprise, and set yourself up to be the first one taken out by an armed robber, of course. I thought everyone knew that.

(Monroe County)

Grasping at straws to justify his own stupidity.

(Jefferson County)

There is hatred even amongst "ourselves". Heck, even here at PAFOA.

So long as we(as in all gun owners) find reasons to discriminate on methods of carry, we will be a force divided. Whether it be "for the children", "because of tactics", or whatever the reason - we only make ourselves a big target for anti-gun folks to attack with legislation.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    “I hope no one comes up and tries to kill you, and you have to draw.. .and shoot, and hit my kids…I’ll sue… too much liability”
    What I fail to grasp, is how you having to draw and shoot from OC endangers his kids and everyone else, but him drawing to shoot from CC doesn't? what's the difference? and why would anyone "come up and try to kill you"? seriously, the BG will probably go AWAY from the guy with the gun.

Geez, antis.

Yes, he is an anti. The worst kind of anti-gunner the kind that thinks he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    Watched her HAGGLE for a piece of jewelry like a pro!
    [snip]
    Makes me glad to know that she can hold her own at 6years old. She has some MAD negotiating skills.
    ooor, maybe she's so damn cute the woman couldn't bear to tell her no or something

Although I suppose that still counts as negotiating skills, and she certainly has the right idea.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast