Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Pistols

(Delaware County)

Default Selling Pistols

At 19 years old i have come into a decent gun collection consisting of rifles that i have purchased myself as well as pistols that i have been given by my grandfather.

Some of the pistols i have been given are not exactly what i want and/or need and the though of selling them has crossed my mind.

Obviously a FFL transfer is necessary to sell pistols, but at 19 am i able to sell/transfer them? I'm aware that one must be 21 to purchase pistols from a FFL, however is there anything that says at 19 that i cant transfer them away?

Thanks,
    Vin
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Selling Pistols

You should be able to sell your pistols through an FFL. The checks and requirements are made of the buyer, not the seller.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by VinF88 View Post

Some of the pistols i have been given are not exactly what i want and/or need and the though of selling them has crossed my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    You should be able to sell your pistols through an FFL. The checks and requirements are made of the buyer, not the seller.
    now that that's settled a list of what you have and how much you want would be great!

(Chester County)

No offense man, but the few bucks that you will make off that collection now won't mean anything when you're older and your grandfather isn't with you anymore. A quick sale now is meaningless in the long run. I know I have made a few rash decisions like that in the past , and while I don't regret them terribly... I know now that it was an impulsive decision that didn't need to happen like I thought it did at the moment.
    God Created Man. Sam Colt made them equal.
    FU BHO.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoomStick View Post
    No offense man, but the few bucks that you will make off that collection now won't mean anything when you're older and your grandfather isn't with you anymore. A quick sale now is meaningless in the long run. I know I have made a few rash decisions like that in the past , and while I don't regret them terribly... I know now that it was an impulsive decision that didn't need to happen like I thought it did at the moment.
    Damn you! No, seriously, I agree....my earlier post was for humor. Keep your Grandfather's guns...you'll appreciate it later.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Damn you! No, seriously, I agree....my earlier post was for humor. Keep your Grandfather's guns...you'll appreciate it later.
    lies!!! all lies... dont listen to them!!! hahaha

like they said those are memories of your grandfather.... id personally keep them...

what gun is in the pic of your signature banner.... i saw one in a movie a while back but never got around to looking it up and now i cant remember the movie it was in...

i stilll think we would be interested in seeing a few pics of said handguns...

(Delaware County)

I absolutely agree with all of you and appreciate the concern. Fortunately, i've been given enough to be more than satisfied with the ones he cared about that I in turn care about. There's just some that he had for the hell of it and it doesn't bother me to see those go.

A list is in the making and a report is to follow gents. Probably within the next day or so.

Thanks

And about the gun in my sig banner, unfortunately i am not sure. Just liked the picture and slapped my name on it. Sorry!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

(Jefferson County)

If you ever had to, there is no law prohibiting the selling of personally owned handguns by someone 18-21yo. You lawfully own them, you may lawfully sell them.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by VinF88 View Post

And about the gun in my sig banner, unfortunately i am not sure. Just liked the picture and slapped my name on it. Sorry!
    That would be an AMT Back up .380:

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    If they were placed on consignment and didn't sell, could the FFL give them back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast