Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good grief, dumb all around at a Bass Pro Shop

http://www.ktbs.com/news/25442193/detail.html

I almost think that the store employee should have been spanked a good bit harder than the owner.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Good grief, dumb all around at a Bass Pro Shop

Man this brings back memories.

I used to goto the gun show in Middletown NY. finally convinced the wife to go with me this ONE time.

We get to the door there is a armed security guard puttin zipties through all guns going in. My turn came he asked any firearms "concealed or openly to sell?". I said just one in the case, my old Colt bisley. Well they ziptied it, he then made the one comment...Ya never know when something can happen, this will help keep things safe from people playing with the guns. Everyone will see it cant be frired yada yada yada...

Well about a hour or so through the show in the middle of the crowed. ONE loan gunshot goes off. the place went silent, and one clown in the back corner goes "OUCH"..this then breaks the eary quit the fell into the building.

Seems captin commando security guard, who was armed with a 1911 was showing off to a vendor. He racked the slide , removed the mag, squeezed the trigger, BANG! Lucky for everyone it was pointed upward, made a nice hole in the ceiling.

That was the last time I went to that show.

Snert

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

"The customer pointed the gun toward the floor and pulled the trigger to make sure it was safe, Natale said. It fired one round."

How about not touching the trigger to make sure it's safe.......

Man, somebody should make some simple rules to keep things like this from happening.

(Berks County)

The clerk checked the rifle and noticed nothing in the chamber
    The clerk is quite the Einstein isn't he/she?

The owner of the gun was ticketed for reckless conduct, a misdemeanor. The rifle was seized by police.
    I see.

What was the reason or justification for the seizure?
    Granted, the guy is guilty of felonious stupid...

Perhaps having been purchased in Texas it wasn't 'registered' to him in the non-existant registry.

Just what sort of questions do reporters ask or do they just print press releases from the 'authorities'?

The gun was taken to the counter where guns are routinely checked before they are brought into the store. The clerk checked the rifle and noticed nothing in the chamber...
    Yeah, but if the clerk is former military, former LEO, and a lifelong hunter, I am sure he knew exactly what he was doing.

Good thing this wasn't Cabela's!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    "The customer pointed the gun toward the floor and pulled the trigger to make sure it was safe, Natale said. It fired one round."

How about not touching the trigger to make sure it's safe.......

Man, somebody should make some simple rules to keep things like this from happening.
    Except that pulling the trigger to de-cock a firearm is a standard part of a clearing drill. It seems something was missed on a prior step.

If I were betting, I'd say a magazine was still in the gun. Chamber clear? Yep. Put bolt back in (ignoring 'difficulty' in doing so)? Yep (stripping a round out of the magazine and loading the chamber). Pull the trigger to de-cock? BANG!
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Please folks, let me be clear on weapon clearing procedures for the US Military while deployed to a combat zone....You must "PULL THE TRIGGER" while the gun barrel is in a clearing barrel. Yup, its not enough to unload and check yourself, but you then must have a buddy check you and then a sergeant. And yes, there are still negligent discharges on bases and at clearing barrels.

I've got two points. 1) Why unload the firearm in the first place in a "Combat Zone?" 2) Why pull the trigger to ensure a gun is unloaded?

Keep in mind, this is our National Military and its super brain child officers/NCO's who come up with these procedures. Its for "SAFETY!"

CL

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Please folks, let me be clear on weapon clearing procedures for the US Military while deployed to a combat zone....You must "PULL THE TRIGGER" while the gun barrel is in a clearing barrel. Yup, its not enough to unload and check yourself, but you then must have a buddy check you and then a sergeant. And yes, there are still negligent discharges on bases and at clearing barrels.

I've got two points. 1) Why unload the firearm in the first place in a "Combat Zone?" 2) Why pull the trigger to ensure a gun is unloaded?

Keep in mind, this is our National Military and its super brain child officers/NCO's who come up with these procedures. Its for "SAFETY!"

CL
    In some places that's a "Phoenix Doorbell" ...

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Except that pulling the trigger to de-cock a firearm is a standard part of a clearing drill. It seems something was missed on a prior step.
    Yes, but I think it's clear this "standard" response is more dangerous than just not touching the damn trigger. On a shooting range with a berm it's one thing. In a crowded store.....

Of course both the clerk and customer should've seen the thing was loaded. Seriously....How the hell can you open the bolt of a rifle, look at it, and not notice live rounds?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Yes, but I think it's clear this "standard" response is more dangerous than just not touching the damn trigger. On a shooting range with a berm it's one thing. In a crowded store.....

Of course both the clerk and customer should've seen the thing was loaded. Seriously....How the hell can you open the bolt of a rifle, look at it, and not notice live rounds?
    That's what I was wondering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast