Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default My main carry gun...

My trusty Kahr K-9...

There is story with this weapon too.
    About year or so ago, I put deposit down on this very weapon. I had it in layaway for about 2 months before used the money to buy something else(Sig P-226Combat).
    Then someone bought it. little while later in last summer, I ran in to this guy at the range who was shooting familier looking K-9, and upon chatting, I find out that this was the very weapon I put deposit on once before.
    He let me shoot several mags though it(and I let him shoot my P-226Combat). Although little snappy, it shot very nice, and smooth DA trigger which I was originaly sold on was even smoother, now that it had some rounds through it.
    "I wish I went through with the layaway" I recall thinking.

several months later, gun was back on the shop's shelf. Guy traded in to get full size Sig shop told me.
    I thought about trading my M&P9C for it, but dicided no. M&P9C is an excellent CCW gun, and mine was running perfect. I just could not justify to myself to replace my M&P9C.

So another person put it in Layaway.
    He defulted on payment. Gun went back on shelf.

Then another guy put it on layaway. Yet failed to meet the obrigation again!

By this time, gunshop guys were telling me jokingly that gun just refuse to leave the shop. Even said that its cursed.

I was talking to him about it when I was picking up S&W 66 back in the April, and dicided that it refused to leave the shop, because it was meant to be picked up by me.

I had money, so I bought it.

Gun turned out to be a one hell of a shooter. Butter smooth DA trigger, accurate, dpendable, and easy to conceal. So good, infact, I dicided to let go of my trusty M&P9C...

So this little jewel has never left my side this past 6 months. It goes everywhere I go, including vacation to NC, camping(although, I do take my 686 as well).

thing about this K9 is that its carbon steel with simple blueing. And if I don't oil it like every other day, it'll rust.
    So I figured i'd get it coated. But that means gun will be gone for few months. So I needed to find a suitable replacement.

So after few weeks of researching, and annoying my gunshop with million questions, this is what I dicided on...

Kahr T-9. Its one of these giant metal framed Kahr(since they are known for small frame weapon) no kahr dealer seems to stock.

This perticure weapon is equipped with custom jeweled barrel hood, and 11degree target crown performed by Kahr Gunsmith for free.

I'll post range report as soon as I get a chance to run up to range next weekend
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Berks County)

Default Re: My main carry gun...

Nice, follow up with pics once you get it coated. and good luck with the new addition!

(Monroe County)

preeeeeeeeeeeeetty!

(Cumberland County)

Sexy sexy.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lehigh County)

nice target... i got a few rolls of those tucked away for a nice day...

oh and nice gun too!!

(Wayne County)

Whats that white powdery stuff at muzzle? Thats one hell of a straw.

(Erie County)

Might be JMO but the steel Kahrs are the best in the line-up. I've pondered a K9 a time or two and might bite the bullet one of these days myself. Great little guns.

(Montgomery County)

The steel Kahr pistols are top notch. Now that you have a backup you can send your pistol away for a refinish job. I recommend Robar. You can go with the popular NP3 finish or if you want to stay two tone go with the Roguard in either matte or glossy finish. I had my P7 done in Roguard matte black and it looks fantastic. Also, if you send everything except for the frame you pay less on shipping because it does not have to be over night.

You can also send magazines to Robar and they are fantastic when coated with NP3. They get this slick feeling like they are covered in oil, yet they are dry. They become quiet, smoother and quite striking to look at.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Whats that white powdery stuff at muzzle?
    Thats what happens after plastic garden furnitures sits out few years too long... I didn't even realise that that was on the gun until you mentioned it.

I don't have any experience with polymer framed Kahr, but metal ones are simply a joy to shoot.
    It does bark a little, because of their size, but its accurate, and super dependable. And the trigger is just butter smooth !
    its linier, just rightly weighted, and drisp. Its just Ultra smooth trigger(as with rest of the gun).

AS my gunshop said to me when we were searching for my T-9, Kahr is one of these pistol you have to shoot to fully appriciate it.
    Says that everytime they get a kahr in, it usualy sits for long time - Even tho people commends how smooth they are and what not, they usualy walk away from it, because for some reason, most people interested in small CCW have this idea in their head that the small framed gun should not cost as much as they do(cheapest PK380's MSRP is just shy of $700, cheapest PM9's MSRP is $837).
    But once you shoot fully broken in Kahr(My T9 is still not as smooth as my K9. T9 have had just shy of 50 rounds fired, and K9 shot over thousand rounds), you'll know that the there are more to carry gun then just how small and how easily concealable it is.

KPW - If your considering it, take your skirt off and just buy it. And thank me later.

Steve_NEPhila - Rober was one of my first choice. But I dont believe NP3 is as durable and indistructable as people may have led to believe.
    My NP3'd Beretta 96D certainly did not held up as good as they say it well(discoloring, and flaking).

But they sure do look nice tho. I was considering some ceramic based coating, such as Customized Creationz, but as my Gunshop can send gun out to Rober at dealer cost, I'm leaning on trying out their new NP3 plus
    Audemus jura nostra defendere