Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Fox Hunting or Trapping in PA

sorry if anyone is annoyed in seeing my name as the OP, ive been posting a lot in the hunting section lately.

Ok so im interested in hunting/trapping fox, i have a friend in MD that is going to show me about trapping fox and other animals. Does anyone hunt fox or other furbearers up here in PA?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Fox Hunting or Trapping in PA

I just took the furtakers course, this is a course like the hunters ed but is dedicated to trapping only. It cost $15 and was an all day class but well worth it in my opinion. You may want to check it out. I was hoping to get into trapping this year but it might have to wait until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    I just took the furtakers course, this is a course like the hunters ed but is dedicated to trapping only. It cost $15 and was an all day class but well worth it in my opinion. You may want to check it out. I was hoping to get into trapping this year but it might have to wait until next year.
    didnt know they had one, is this a required one to? like the safety course i had to take for hunting

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    didnt know they had one, is this a required one to? like the safety course i had to take for hunting
    Its not required if you've already taken the hunters ed as the hunters ed cert says "Hunter - Trapper Education" but it was highly recommended to me so I went. It also certifies you for cable restraint in PA so it's good to take anyway. I learned an awful lot in this class. They teach you how to set the traps as well as the regulations for those traps.

The class is called successful furtaking. Check it out on the PGC website under education/hunter ed and successful furtaking.