Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Took 5 first time shooters to the range Friday

I got a call Thursday from one of my fiance's liberal friends asking if I would take her and her sister plus 3 friends to the range. After some chop busting I agreed. It was her sisters birthday so I figured I would take it easy on her. They showed up at my house Friday a 1/2 hour late . I went over the safety basics with them and off to the range we went. I took them to Ready Aim Fire in Bristol I have a membership so her sister could shoot for free. I brought my Walther P-22 for them. I took them in to the range 1 at a time and they all did great. They followed all the safety guidelines and no one did anything stupid. We had a great time and I believe there will be 3 gun owners in the very near future. We talked after the range session and they seemed to be way more open to the idea of law-abiding citizens having the right to carry. It was nice to see the uneducated changing their opinion once they were exposed to the experience of shooting. I told them all to sign up here to learn more about firearms and firearm laws. They still don't believe me that you can open carry in Pa except Philly with no license Before I get flamed I told them you can't get in a car or ride a motorcycle etc...

Default Re: Took 5 first time shooters to the range Friday

I'd give you Rep if I could but I'm sure someone will come along and do so soon. Good job and turning some folks on to the great enjoyment of shooting and possibly understanding we are not wacko's but just want to ensure our own and family's safety!

(Berks County)

You can open carry in PA?!

Well done. Good to hear stories about new people coming into the gun world with a safe and informative session.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    I got a call Thursday from one of my fiance's liberal friends asking if I would take her and her sister plus 3 friends to the range. After some chop busting I agreed. It was her sisters birthday so I figured I would take it easy on her. They showed up at my house Friday a 1/2 hour late . I went over the safety basics with them and off to the range we went. I took them to Ready Aim Fire in Bristol I have a membership so her sister could shoot for free. I brought my Walther P-22 for them. I took them in to the range 1 at a time and they all did great. They followed all the safety guidelines and no one did anything stupid. We had a great time and I believe there will be 3 gun owners in the very near future. We talked after the range session and they seemed to be way more open to the idea of law-abiding citizens having the right to carry. It was nice to see the uneducated changing their opinion once they were exposed to the experience of shooting. I told them all to sign up here to learn more about firearms and firearm laws. They still don't believe me that you can open carry in Pa except Philly with no license Before I get flamed I told them you can't get in a car or ride a motorcycle etc...
    Nice story! I like RAF! and have taken a few new shooters there myself.

-Zach

(Allegheny County)

This story makes me all warm and tingly inside.

Hopefully they will share their newfound knowledge with others they hang out with.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    ... Before I get flamed I told them you can't get in a car or ride a motorcycle etc...
    I hope by that you meant you told them they can't take a handgun anywhere in a car, under any cicrumstances, even unloaded in the trunk, unless they are going to or from a location that has an exception. Like when they get their first handguns, they can't bring them to your house to have you show them how they work.

That being said, and it's not a flame YET , very nice story and rep-worthy. Darn good work.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I hope by that you meant you told them they can't take a handgun anywhere in a car, under any cicrumstances, even unloaded in the trunk, unless they are going to or from a location that has an exception. Like when they get their first handguns, they can't bring them to your house to have you show them how they work.

That being said, and it's not a flame YET , very nice story and rep-worthy. Darn good work.
    I explained that to them. I told them if they do decide to purchase guns they should get a LTCF. The 3 that are serious about pursuing this live in Bucks County so it should be a simple process. I did explain that they should not considering carrying till they get some training and more range time. I will be taking one of them back this Friday at 7pm if anyone wants to stop at Ready Aim Fire(not my favorite place to shoot but my membership isn't up till December) for some range time. I think I might let her shoot the S@W 357 w/38's in it. I don't want to ruin the experience by handing a petite girl a 357 loaded with magnum rounds. I take no credit for this I give the credit to my dad for teaching me how to shoot safely.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bandit82ta View Post
    I'd give you Rep if I could but I'm sure someone will come along and do so soon. Good job and turning some folks on to the great enjoyment of shooting and possibly understanding we are not wacko's but just want to ensure our own and family's safety!
    Give it if you want to get it.

Meanwhile- I will rep, good job!
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Give it if you want to get it.

Meanwhile- I will rep, good job!
    Please note I was not asking for rep. I was stating I would give him rep if I had any. My rep power shows 0 unless I'm missing something?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bandit82ta View Post
    Please note I was not asking for rep. I was stating I would give him rep if I had any. My rep power shows 0 unless I'm missing something?
    You can still give rep, I *believe* it will be prorated later when you earn what you need. Anywho, I'll nail it in the meanwhile.

PS. THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast