Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default "guy with the gun"

This happened a couple days ago, but thinking back on it, I figured it might bring a smile to some OCer's faces to read.....

I recently found out that the 2 local Rutters near me know me as the "guy with the gun" because they never see me without one, as do my friends and family. I went in a few days ago for a pack of cigs and a gallon of tea and when I went to check out, one of the cashiers exclaimed "OMG!, you don't have your gun?" which made me chuckle and I replied with "ah, I left the Glock at home but I have a micro pistol in my back pocket" to which I had all three of the people behind the counter laughing from.

Many times I have answered questions for employees there and also other shoppers about OC and the laws on it, obtaining their LTCF (and that it's not a CC permit.. ) and multiple other random questions that are commonly asked to OCers. I don't mind it and actually, it seems that all of the stores in my area (new cumberland, lewisberry, newberry, farivew, and some others when I travel out farther..) have become quite relaxed about me OCing since they've gotten used to it I guess.

I just wish that I would see some other people OCing in my area besides the couple of friends I have that I got into OCing. Oh well, I'm tryin! lol

(sorry, prolly not as exciting as it may have seemed at first, but wanted to share my experience)

Larry
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

Default Re: "guy with the gun"

Quote Originally Posted by G23neverjams View Post
    (sorry, prolly not as exciting as it may have seemed at first, but wanted to share my experience)

Larry
    every OC story is exciting, kind of like anything a hunter shoots with a bow is a trophy..
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

Nice. My wife has started to comment on the few occasions I am not carrying.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(York County)

I am from the Shrewsbury area... I open carry everywhere if your ever looking for someone to open carry with let me know I am in the York area a lot. I am looking to meet some more people that open carry.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by adidas4862 View Post
    I am from the Shrewsbury area... I open carry everywhere if your ever looking for someone to open carry with let me know I am in the York area a lot. I am looking to meet some more people that open carry.

Me too!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by adidas4862 View Post
    I am available for OCing most days, just give me a shout. Shrewsbury and whatnot...though colder weather means outdoor OC requires a drop leg holster hee hee hee hee.

How about a SYC open carry group, like there is the Raven's Roost group that meets at the one pizza place, the Trekkie group USS New Freedom, and so on. We meet at certain locations once a week, twice a month, or whatever.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Cumberland County)

I don't OC and don't want to. BUT, I agree in wanting to see more people who do. I think it's a good thing. It's just "not for me".

(Cumberland County)

So you're the one ruining it for me??? I've OCed in the Rutters off the Lewisberry Road exit a bunch of times and no one ever says boo! Taking all the OC encounters for yourself... I see how it is.

On another note, when are we Yorkies gonna get some shooting together? It's only getting colder.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(York County)

WOW! Other people in York Co. OC!?!?!?!?!?!? (that's freakin awesome! )

I am definately up for a York County OC get together. I am currently laid off of work but am working at the West shore Hardware bar at nights as security so my days are definately open. If we are going to go out to eat, I'm getting a paycheck this coming weekend so that would be a great time. Either the weekend, or within a few days after so I'll still be able to afford it... lol

Funny you should mention the drop leg holsters.. I have a serpa drop leg but it's for the Beretta M-9. (I'm army) I still have yet to get the Glock holster so that I can carry my G23 in it

On another note, I'd also bring at least one other friend that OC's along too so that's at least 6 of us! Good start to the York Co. OC group! lol

I'm sorry rwb1500..... I can't help it... I'm greedy Jp

Thanks to everyone for the responses!
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by G23neverjams View Post
    WOW! Other people in York Co. OC!?!?!?!?!?!? (that's freakin awesome! )
    I OC every day I'm in PA but most of my weekdays are spent in MD.

JohnnyBmore also OCs from time to time!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001
    ...You can join the "Pennsylvania Association of Pointy-Stick Owners"...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast