Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Review: French Creek Outfitters

Bought my first handgun here early this year. The people are very helpful even if you aren't very knowledgeable.

I have used their indoor range numerous times and have taken family members as well. The range is monitored and they yell at idiots who come in and shoot recklessly. They will also give pointers to new shooters.

They have a wide selection of handguns, rifles, and shotguns. From what i've seen the prices are about average.

Phoenixville, PA 19460

Default Re: Review: French Creek Outfitters

I have never been there. I would love to get there soon to check out the place and turn some money into noise at the range... Antine wanna go tomorrow???
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

I can't make it tomorrow, but I think the SE Pennsylvanians on this forum should get together for a meet there. It's close enough for people from Philly and other surrounding areas to get to easily.

I agree!!!! U start a new thread about it!!! Ill chime in
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Berks County)

Nice place, never used the range but bought my Dad a nice snubby for Christmas and I was pleased with the service, and the prices.

(Berks County)

Hey Guys,

I've been to French Creek a bunch of times to shoot. In fact, it's basically the only place I shoot at the moment, until I can get a membership at a range. No memberships are required to shoot, it's usually not very busy, and it's a great alternative for those with memberships elsewhere when the weather is bad.

As for buying from them, IMHO French Creek's prices tend to be on the high side. Not trying to start an argument, they just seem high to me. For those looking for alternatives, I'd recommend Seneca Arms in Green Lane. See the review/comments of this shop on this thread here:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/shops-20/...s-company.html

Hope it helps!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Montgomery County)

#1 out of 2 in my book. Target world in chalfont is also pretty good. Organize a shoot and if I can I'll be there!!

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    #1 out of 2 in my book. Target world in chalfont is also pretty good. Organize a shoot and if I can I'll be there!!
    You must have more money then sense. Both places you mentioned will charge you a lot more than Seneca or Tanner's will...perhaps you should do more research, but then again it's your money.

I used to work at FCO...prices were too high...even with my discount I never bought from them...what does that tell you?

If you want to use their range and you have a wife or gf...take them on Wed night "ladies night" or Friday night "date night" save you some money.

This is my good deed for the day.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    You must have more money then sense. Both places you mentioned will charge you a lot more than Seneca or Tanner's will...perhaps you should do more research, but then again it's your money.

I used to work at FCO...prices were too high...even with my discount I never bought from them...what does that tell you?

If you want to use their range and you have a wife or gf...take them on Wed night "ladies night" or Friday night "date night" save you some money.

This is my good deed for the day.
    It's not the money, well actually I don't find either to be too expensive for me. My experience in NY was that if you didn't shell out >$200 for a membership you weren't shooting. So I think $15 for a hour is fine. The real problem is location. Those two seem to be the closest indoor ranges to me. I have no idea where Seneca or Tanners is, but thanks for the recommendation! I'll do a search to find those places and see if they are outdoor or indoor and if they are just too far to travel for me. Work in Blue Bell live in Limerick. I had been meaning to look for a good outdoor range last summer but never found one / didn't make enough time to look. In the winter I'll stay indoors because I've had enough of being out in the cold Rochester winters.

I never buy from either of the places, except cases of ammo from target world, targets and a package of AAA batteries for my goggles. Oh and a mark II ruger used for $150-$200.

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    It's not the money, well actually I don't find either to be too expensive for me. My experience in NY was that if you didn't shell out >$200 for a membership you weren't shooting. So I think $15 for a hour is fine. The real problem is location. Those two seem to be the closest indoor ranges to me. I have no idea where Seneca or Tanners is, but thanks for the recommendation! I'll do a search to find those places and see if they are outdoor or indoor and if they are just too far to travel for me. Work in Blue Bell live in Limerick. I had been meaning to look for a good outdoor range last summer but never found one / didn't make enough time to look. In the winter I'll stay indoors because I've had enough of being out in the cold Rochester winters.

I never buy from either of the places, except cases of ammo from target world, targets and a package of AAA batteries for my goggles. Oh and a mark II ruger used for $150-$200.
    Yeah, I think it's a great place to go for an indoor range. However, you do usually pay more for an indoor range because it costs more to maintain than a outdoor lot with mounds of dirt for a backstop. The price they charge per hour is fair.

I also like giving my money to people who are helpful and nice. Sometimes that means paying more for certain things which is fine by me. I think the only way to send a message to asshole dealers is to not give them my money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast