Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: high point

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: high point

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    I'm almost glad I didn't see the original post.. but to answer the current question... I think the original design of Hi-point was a cap gun with thicker steel "in hopes" it wouldn't blow itself apart.
    I agree about being glad I didn't see whatever hijinks went on earlier.

I don't neccesarily agree about the second part though. Are they cheaply made? Yes. Doesn't mean they are worthless. I've shot a few at different ranges I go to, let people take a round on my guns, they let me shoot their Hi Points. I've never seen one malfunction or KB, doesn't mean it doesn't happen though. The Hi Point carbines are just about the most centerfire fun you can have for under $300. Now, some might contest that you'd be better off with a 10/22, but YMMV. They also have a great warranty. Anything ever goes wrong, send it back, they fix it or get you a new gun. For life. No questions asked. It's been said here often that Hi Points customer service is much better than most gun companies. Sending a gun back to Taurus is a crapshoot.

All that being said I don't own one, but $150 for a centrfire pistol? With a lifetime, no questions asked warranty? Not bad if you can't afford anything else. Hell of a lot better than a pointy stick.

I'd still reccomend that people save the money for a used XD, or Glock, or M&P, but if that's not possible? Not a horrible option.

JMO
    Last edited by rwb1500; October 20th, 2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: I spell like a drunken 6 year old
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

I'm so glad I've been following this thread from the beginning. I'm glad the OP changed the post, though all it did was hide some of the evidence of his crimes.

As per the hi points, having an low cost 9mm is always a good thing for those who want to bear arms but can't afford a more expensive gun. It's like the store brand of guns, it might not have the pretty packaging, but it still does its job. They are ugly as hell though.

Maybe against the grain here but I would have liked to have read what was deleted but sure as hell won't ask what it was.

As for High Points, I have a .45 that functions almost flawlessly. It hates HPs but eats everything else without complaint. I bought it for a song and for no other purpose than the big bang I can't afford with a higher valued gun. Heavy and ugly, I can agree with. Pure junk, I will beg to differ.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Venango County)

I have a c9, love the ugly little thing. So far to date, has worked flawlessly for me. And, I'm not afraid of it getting dinged up.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

If its the only thing that you can afford its a adequate gun. Most people I know that own them swear by them, but as soon as they get enough money to buy something else they shelf or sell thie High Point and shoot the new piece.

I personally don't like its look and feel (could someone show a picture of it). I've never shot it even when offered the chance several times.

The Carbine seems to get better reviews.

(Montgomery County)

I've had my C9 for about a year and have had zero ftf or fte incidents after ~800 rounds. The thing has chewed through every brand of ammo I'm put in it. Haven't tried any jhp yet since I don't use it for SD. I've since upgraded to some higher quality platforms, but it still gets frequent range time. Pretty accurate too, even my wife can keep it in the black at 10yds. Heavy is a relative term though. It is lighter than my 9mm full size 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop View Post
    I've had my C9 for about a year and have had zero ftf or fte incidents after ~800 rounds. The thing has chewed through every brand of ammo I'm put in it. Haven't tried any jhp yet since I don't use it for SD. I've since upgraded to some higher quality platforms, but it still gets frequent range time. Pretty accurate too, even my wife can keep it in the black at 10yds. Heavy is a relative term though. It is lighter than my 9mm full size 1911.
    456 - Just as I alluded to some owners swear by them but don't take them serious enough to carry or use for protection, in that they don't shoot JHP ammo in them. So why have one you might say? Because its a cheap gun that works sometimes. My associate does shoot jhp ammo in his C9 and 45acp HP they were his home protection tools, until he upgraded to a Taurus Millenimum 45acp then he gave the c9 to his step son and shelfed the High Point 45 still bragging on it, but he carries the Taurus 45, lighter more concealable, reliable and better feel.

Pending what you want. I'm not a fan of the Hi point at any price.

(Warren County)

3 C9s
    1 380
    1 995C carbine
    1 45

...so far

Yeah we like them around here. Great "truck guns"

Reliable, as accurate as we are, Great warranty and made in USA.

They eat my reloads all day long with zero issues.

Can't wait to get a .45 carbine!!!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Northumberland County)

I used to have a C9 it was my first handgun purchase, but like someone else said when I got enough money saved up I upgraded. However if the chance ever arose to pick one up used for $75 like I have heard of people doing I would get another one if for nothing else than a truck gun.

You can't deny any pistol that can withstand this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    3 C9s
    1 380
    1 995C carbine
    1 45
    ...so far Yeah we like them around here. Great "truck guns" Reliable, as accurate as we are, Great warranty and made in USA. They eat my reloads all day long with zero issues.Can't wait to get a .45 carbine!!!
    456 - Could have bought a used Beretta or a Glock and then bought the HP Carbine. Like most I like the Carbine its reputation is better and in the X4 stock it looks great. Probably shoots the same but with 3rd party stuff it perks up nicely. Peopel tell me the same thing I have 6 Berettas and 3 Glocks and 3 1911s some say that I could have bought a high trim 1911 or a couple Sigs. But like you we buy what we like. Personally I don't think I shoot well enough to buy a $3k 1911. Apparently you like the ugly, poorly balanced Hi point but the only good thing about them is that its made in the USA and its CS dept.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast