Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Taurus 410/45lc

(Luzerne County)

Default Taurus 410/45lc

Does anyone have this revolver? Can you tell me about it? I saw one in the local gs and almost bought it. I'd like any info you can give me, like recoil, accuracy, etc.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Taurus 410/45lc

Just do a search for "Taurus Judge" or any variation of that. You will find several threads on it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Searched 410/45lc and found nothing. Didn't know it was a judge. Will do. Thanks!

(Cumberland County)

They are a silly pistol to buy for self defense. For fun or pest control? Sure, but you could do much better if you're looking for a self defense gun.

There are quite a few threads on it. Have a look.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

Its a fun gun , i wear mine around the property when i'm doing yard work etc. i would also use it as a hiking gun. And with the new ammunition that Federal just brought out for it makes it a deadly self defense gun, however it is big and bulky, not suitable for CC. It is one of the best made Taurus' i have ever seen, the machining is impeccable and the finish and fit is impeccable, its also Taurus' best selling gun, they have suspended making the tracker/raging bulls just to keep up with the JUdge, the judge has now morphed into a "subcompact" version also .

Very nice Gun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    They are a silly pistol to buy for self defense. For fun or pest control? Sure, but you could do much better if you're looking for a self defense gun.

There are quite a few threads on it. Have a look.
    45LC is more than suitable for SD purposes and with the new 410 SD loads hitting the market the 410 will put you 6 feet under too. the gun is too bulky for concealed carry but it's more than sufficient for home defense, hiking or carrying in your glove compartment. i'm planning on buying a judge in the future but it'll just be a range gun for me. the shops in my area seem to have no problem moving judge revolvers and keep plenty in stock.

(York County)

If I wanted a shotgun for home defense it would be a 12gauge. The gun is just to bulky to be considered for concealed carry.

It would be a good ranch gun for taking care of snakes though.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    45LC is more than suitable for SD purposes and with the new 410 SD loads hitting the market the 410 will put you 6 feet under too. the gun is too bulky for concealed carry but it's more than sufficient for home defense, hiking or carrying in your glove compartment. i'm planning on buying a judge in the future but it'll just be a range gun for me. the shops in my area seem to have no problem moving judge revolvers and keep plenty in stock.
    Are there any gel tests of the new .410 loads coming out, or just magazine ads? The best I saw when searching was that the .410 handgun loads werent getting adequate penetration. My personal experience with those loads is that their "reduced recoil" loads are pretty tough on the hands...

I would suggest not buying a Judge for anything serious when you can still get a Glock.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Are there any gel tests of the new .410 loads coming out, or just magazine ads? The best I saw when searching was that the .410 handgun loads werent getting adequate penetration. My personal experience with those loads is that their "reduced recoil" loads are pretty tough on the hands...

I would suggest not buying a Judge for anything serious when you can still get a Glock.
    i'm sure there's tests somewhere regarding the new .410 SD loads but since i don't plan on using the gun for anything other than a range gun i haven't bothered doing any research. the rounds i saw in the gunshop consisted of several lead disks and buckshoot loaded in the same cartridge. seems pretty devastating to get hit with but obviously there's better choices available than .410 when it comes to SD. since the judge also shoots 45LC then if ones not comfortable with using .410m loads 45LC is more than sufficient to drop any two legged predator.
    Last edited by wellcraft; October 20th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

(Allegheny County)

There aren't many at all, in a past thread where many of us were trying to prove the rounds to be crap and we were unsuccessful at finding any legit testing at all.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...