Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Monroe County Election Day Issues???

I thought it would be good to discuss local issues relative to the upcoming election. Who is on the ballot locally and what they stand for?

At the local level, I am curious to see what concerns other people in Monroe have and to which candidate they are looking to for answers.

For myself... aside for looking for candidates to champion unrestricted gunrights... my second local issue is lower taxes. Particularly Property Taxes. Taxes should be as close to zero as possible. I have my own water and septic on my own land, pay my own utilities, protect myself with my own arms. I don't need govt for much except the twice a year road side cleanup. Other then that, I don't want anything from local govt and I don't want to give anything to local govt.

Based on this, which local candidates do you guys think I should vote for.
    Last edited by tsafa; October 18th, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Monroe County Election Day Issues???

obama obama, obama!
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    obama obama, obama!
    no, no, no.... local

blow-bama is in his own world.

(Monroe County)

I have the same concerns , hope someone can shed some light on this issue, not much public information out there. .

I definately wont be voting for Kanjorski now that he has pledge his alligience ti Israel, i want a politician that is concerned about America.

(Monroe County)

I am very disappointed that local people seem to have little interest in this subject when the election in only a week away.

In the absence of information on local candidates I will have to assume that Republican candidates stand for lower taxes and more gun rights. Its just the image the party has managed to paint for itself. I am not against Democrates outright... but I have not heard them show an interest in these two concerns of mine.

(Monroe County)

If you don't know why this thread died such a quiet end then you should probably look into how monroe is split up. Monroe doesn't have a seat at the table
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    If you don't know why this thread died such a quiet end then you should probably look into how monroe is split up. Monroe doesn't have a seat at the table
    Exactly, we are divided into some serious crap here.

Only local issue I am tuned in on is this BS 'ambulance tax' Barrett is trying to sneak through.

Years of mis-handling of money, ineptitude and maybe fraud and they want us to bail them out with a 3.5 mil increase to our local tax.

Any idea what my response might be to that?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Exactly, we are divided into some serious crap here.

Only local issue I am tuned in on is this BS 'ambulance tax' Barrett is trying to sneak through.

Years of mis-handling of money, ineptitude and maybe fraud and they want us to bail them out with a 3.5 mil increase to our local tax.

Any idea what my response might be to that?
    yup, another thing that separates us all...

with a ton of open space, 2 "cities" and the rest little towns and then suburbs then farms, the only people that actually matter to me is local... and even then they don't matter for shit as the school board around here is responsible for all the taxes

I think the only real "Monroe County Wide" issue thats out there in the NCC Monroe Campus and puting us (the taxpayers) on the hook for their fucking loans (FUCK YOU!)
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

OK... sounds like normal politics so far... Isn't there some politician from Monroe screaming "elect me and I will reduce your taxes" ? That is the way it normally goes.

What do you mean? No seat at the table seems to imply we don't have elected representatives? Is this what you mean?

I think the only real "Monroe County Wide" issue thats out there in the NCC Monroe Campus and puting us (the taxpayers) on the hook for their fucking loans
    Ok... how do we get these monkeys off our back? How did they get into power in the first place?
    Last edited by tsafa; October 27th, 2010 at 12:09 AM.

(Monroe County)

Ok What i gather so far: Locally Siptroth seem to be a good man even thouigh he is a democrat, seems that he voted for HB 40 also.
    The Woman that is running against him Rosemary Brown doesnt seem that she has a clue in the world.

Mario Scavello seem like he is a good man also .

I dont like what i'm hearing about Toomey.

For governor i will definately be voting for the Cawley ticket .

I'm digging,.

Nyman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast