Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Tactical/3 gun shooting matches

I would like to get into 3 gun or a similar form of competitive shooting. I live in the south central Pa area.
    I just became a member of the PAFOA web site and read of numerous matches in the area that I would like to attend in the future.
    How are these matches run? I did go to a similar match years back (A two gun match, pistol & shotgun or pistol & subgun) and was there all day and only had one run through the course. It made for a long boring day. I loved the course for the 5 minutes I got to do it, but it would have been nice to at least run through it 3 or 4 times in the 8-9 hours we were there standing around waiting. Are they all like this?
    If so maybe I’ll just try to get some friends together and set up our own shoot.
    Thanks in advance for any replys.

Default Re: Tactical/3 gun shooting matches

Last one I went to had 8 different stages that you rotated through, so you got to shoot a lot. There were about 10 guys in my group so we all cycled through the stage then moved to the next one. They were set up pretty well so you weren't waiting on the next group. I think most shoots are set up similiar to this if the club has the room. Not all stages used three guns either, some did others were only 1. It would suck waiting all day just to shoot 1 course of fire.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Westmoreland County)

Check out uspsa.org for a scheulde of USPSA matches.

Also, check out the multi gun section of the Enos forum: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=47

I would suggest starting out on the pistol side of either USPSA or IDPA(if there are no USPSA matches in your area). This will get you oriented to the match structure and rules. Shooting Multi Gun/3 gun takes awhile to get used to. Many USPSA matches will run side matches with either rifle or shotgun.
    Last edited by hzox221; October 18th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Franklin County)

Thanks for the replys.I'm glad my experience wasnt the norm. But I will inquire before I attend just to make sure how any particular match/course is run before going.
    I do want to get into this style of shooting comp. and have alot to learn,but just dont want to be there all day and not get to shoot that much.
    Thanks again.

(Perry County)

There is a 3-gun shoot at Summit Point Raceway in W.Va. this Sun., I should think it would be less than an hour from Shipensburg. It may be too late to enter, but I am sure you could spectate. When you get to the gate tell them you are there for the shooting, there may be a race week-end going on the tracks. Their website is. http://spshooters.com/.

I'll be the old guy with the pump kicking ass, well maybe not exactly kicking ass....