Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ

(Blair County)

Default Walther PPQ

I am basically an unpaid salesman of the model 1911. Sorry, But I just love to shoot, talk about and spend time with my 1911s. My son wants to start shooting IDPA matches with me. So he and I did some research and he said he wanted a Walther PPQ. So I bought him the 9mm version. I pick it up thursday. What can we expect? For those of you who have shot/own one, how do like it? And what about makes you go wow and what makes you want to pull your toenails out about it? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Walther PPQ

You can expect to be very happy with your purchase. Sweet trigger with a very short reset and plenty accurate when I do my part. I'm surprised you found one, they seem to be in short supply lately.

Some people find the paddle mag release awkward but I love it. I guess my only small gripe is the cost of magazines which are also difficult to find lately. I bought mine for IDPA as well. BladeTech makes competition holsters for it and a lot of people over at walther forum rave about the IMI paddle holster.

Dawson Precision has fiber optic and tritium front sights.

(Tioga County)

Never paid any attention to this gun and then the other day I watched a Hickok45 review of it and was impressed enough I might give one a try sometime. It would be interesting to hear more about it.

(Montgomery County)

Another generic plastic gun. Now flash a PPK and the world will know what you have.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Another generic plastic gun. Now flash a PPK and the world will know what you have.
    What an ignorant thing to say. If old world guns suit you than so be it but to ridicule another's purchase just because it doesn't fit your archaic perception of perfection doesn't mean its worthless.

Congrats on the purchase and may you and your son enjoy the crap out of it. Don't let other's neanderthal mentality dissuade your enthusiasm.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Really, your going to compare a total POS PPK to a gun that is known to work such as a PPQ, don't know much about what your talking about I see.

(Monroe County)

Congratulations! My buddy bought a PPQ last year and I've shot it several times, great trigger and ergonomics.

Which mag release does your pistol have, trigger guard paddle or button on the frame?

Be safe and enjoy

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Really, your going to compare a total POS PPK to a gun that is known to work such as a PPQ, don't know much about what your talking about I see.
    POS PPK

Too each his own.

One of my most reliable guns I own. It's also one of my wife's favorite.
    They can be finicky but "POS" is a little much.

To the original post...If I didn't have a 1st gen P99, I'd get the PPQ in a heartbeat.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Allegheny County)

I read/heard a lot of shooters talking about the Walther PPQ - really good things were being said about this gun.

I went down to handle one, liked the gun - but I am not a fan of the flip/flap magazine release lever. I currently have a PPS (my second one in the last couple of years) and REALLY do not like that lever, just living with it for the time being. (Waiting to see the new XDs 9mm when it hits the stores - )

When I heard that Walther was going to introduce a PPQ M2 with a push button style mag release my thoughts were "Now we are talking."

Would like to see one and run it through its paces, might (and that would be a big might) replace my Glock 19 as my EDC.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacpiper View Post
    POS PPK

Too each his own.

One of my most reliable guns I own. It's also one of my wife's favorite.
    They can be finicky but "POS" is a little much.

To the original post...If I didn't have a 1st gen P99, I'd get the PPQ in a heartbeat.
    Yes it's been my experience twice with PPK's along with a few others I know, jam-o-matics. Now the PPQ from what I know of people who own them and the reviews, they are anything but a generic plastic gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast