Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: highest capacity .45

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Sar K2 14 + 1 capacity
    That is sharp. I've never seen one in person. How much?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    But on the Mac, since it's obviously not as accurate as a Glock,
    You might be suprised how accurate those things are. Once I got the peep sights on my MPA 30 to actually be user friendly, you could bust off 6" groups at 50 yds with it. The only problem with it was it had the occasional double tap (it bump fired way too easy) when trying to slow fire with it. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have kept it and fixed that problem.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I have an FNP 45 that is a nice shooting gun, but it's not without its issues. It's ammo sensitive. It was designed for 230 ball ammo. Mine does not like 200gr rounds at all.

I've had to replace the right side decocking/safety lever twice. The way the lever is designed, the right side is mostly plastic with a thin metal ring that connects it to the post coming from the left side lever. The connection is very weak and it doesn't take much pressure to push the lever down or up too far. Both times it broke, I was in the middle of an IDPA match. The gun still functioned and I could use the left side lever, but being left handed that was bit of a pain.

Both times I replaced the lever myself. To have FN do the job, they need the whole gun. One guy over on the FN forum sent his in and FN had to issue him a whole new gun to fix the problem. Not sure why that is, but I may be going down that road. I've tried to get a hold of FN a couple of times, but got stuck on hold for a long time and never got through.

My dad has an M&P 45, it holds fewer rounds than my FNP, but it's one of the nicest handling polymer .45s I've shot. I've thought a couple of times about trading my FNP 45 for an M&P 45.
    If your dad isn't aware let him know Smith and Wesson makes a 14 round magazine, for some weird reason they only ship it with 10 round magazines.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Know what I really like? MA's Mac-style defender in 5.7 Herstal! Now that would be a great carbine compliment to a small .45 because of the penetration and the capacity. But of course, there goes my idea to use the same ammo. Not sure I'd want to get into 5.7 anyway.
    I have an MPA 5.7 pistol. It is the stupidest, most ridiculous gun I own. And it's one of the most fun to shoot (when I have ammo). For $400 I figured it was worth it to have a 5.7x28mm "pistol." Plus it uses FiveseveN mags (the older style). The damn thing weighs almost as much as my PS90...

I call it Evil Betty.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    If your dad isn't aware let him know Smith and Wesson makes a 14 round magazine, for some weird reason they only ship it with 10 round magazines.
    Thanks. I think he has ten of the 14 round mags.

(Pike County)

Thanks. I think he has ten of the 14 round mags.
    Damn he's totally stockpiling those magazines.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Butler County)

I have an MPA 5.7 pistol. It is the stupidest, most ridiculous gun I own. And it's one of the most fun to shoot (when I have ammo). For $400 I figured it was worth it to have a 5.7x28mm "pistol." Plus it uses FiveseveN mags (the older style). The damn thing weighs almost as much as my PS90...

I call it Evil Betty.
    Until I actually shoot one I guess I'll take your word for it. What's so repulsive about it? The caliber? Shitty mags? The action? Ejection problems? Or all of the above?!

To me it looks more ergonomically pleasing than the square-looking MPA in .45. A little more streamlined, no? I have to say, I chose my Bersa totally by shopping online. Never held one before in my life when I clicked "BUY". But when I finally held it in my hand it was truly everything I anticipated. I nailed that one like a Roman dissident to a cross. But maybe I got a little lucky too, who knows? So... Could you elaborate more on that, Ronin? You say it's heavy. Ok. What else? Stupid HOW?

(Northampton County)

300wm that is a one of a kind Sar K2 that I did for myself last year, sadly I am doing something right now that I don't often do. It is up for sale along with 21 other firearms on Gun America right now-10 ads went up yesterday and 11 more will go up today and tomorrow to fund a $12,000.00 down payment on the laser engraver that I want to buy for my refinishing business. I have to keep the monthly payment on the new equipment reasonable so I don't put myself out of business in the process. The Sar K2 now comes in 2 versions a stainless steel and a steel one. Mine is a steel pistol that I cerakoted in a gray two tone.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    300wm that is a one of a kind Sar K2 that I did for myself last year, sadly I am doing something right now that I don't often do. It is up for sale along with 21 other firearms on Gun America right now-10 ads went up yesterday and 11 more will go up today and tomorrow to fund a $12,000.00 down payment on the laser engraver that I want to buy for my refinishing business. I have to keep the monthly payment on the new equipment reasonable so I don't put myself out of business in the process. The Sar K2 now comes in 2 versions a stainless steel and a steel one. Mine is a steel pistol that I cerakoted in a gray two tone.
    Well, if you get good at engraving, you'll be able to buy all the Sars you want. Ain't everyone doing that now a days.

Until I actually shoot one I guess I'll take your word for it. What's so repulsive about it? The caliber? Shitty mags? The action? Ejection problems? Or all of the above?!

To me it looks more ergonomically pleasing than the square-looking MPA in .45. A little more streamlined, no? I have to say, I chose my Bersa totally by shopping online. Never held one before in my life when I clicked "BUY". But when I finally held it in my hand it was truly everything I anticipated. I nailed that one like a Roman dissident to a cross. But maybe I got a little lucky too, who knows? So... Could you elaborate more on that, Ronin? You say it's heavy. Ok. What else? Stupid HOW?
    I bought it for two reasons:

1. I am eventually going to try to reload the 5.7 cartridge and wanted something beefy enough to handle a possible bad reload. I did not want to blow up my PS90 and I think the FiveseveN pistol is ridiculously overpriced. I wouldn't be happy about blowing up a $400 gun, but I think this brick with a grip can handle just about anything.

2. I actually thinks it's cool despite being ugly and impractical. Also, with a red dot on top, it's pretty damn accurate and has zero recoil. It's a range toy at best.

So when I say it's stupidly ridiculous, it's in a loving way....sort of.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast