Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default What should I get?

Well... Im getting the itch again. It's like I need it. It's like an addiction, or maybe a disease. I can't help it, but I need it, bad. The only problem is, I don't know what "it" is. I know that "it's" a handgun, but I don't know what brand or caliber.

I already own a g17, ruger lcp, sig245, taurus 605, and a couple 22's. I'm thinking about another compact 45acp, 357sig, or maybe 10mm semi auto. Glocks have always been a consideration, but Im thinking about getting something different. Ive always liked 1911's, but I have heard of problems with some of the compact models. Plus 1911's seem to be heavier.

Does anybody know of any good compact 1911's, or da/sa (with external hammer) guns chambered in 45, 357sig, or 10mm. maybe some oddball types. Something that can start a conversation. I don't know why, but I have always really wanted a 10mm. I've never really thought about a 40cal, but I'm open for suggestions.

Ive got some time to decide, I'm thinking about it as a christmas present to myself. I just wanted to look around awhile, and get something I really want. So I thought I'd ask what the pafoa community opinions were. I'm new to this site and haven't really posted on the forums. But I've learned so much great firearm information here i can't stop reading. I suggest this site to everyone I know that owns, or is looking to purchase a firearm.

So pretty much, I'm looking for something "interesting", reliable, light, and concealed carry able. Thank you for your opinions.
    can't wear skinny jeans 'cause my glock won't fit

Default Re: What should I get?

Get a Draco. You can't CC it, but they are fun.

oscar

(Cumberland County)

I think there is a 10mm Kimber Target model in the classifieds. You could carry it, lots of guys carry full size 1911s.

You could get a Glock in 10mm, and get conversion barrels so you could shoot .40 and .357Sig.

Ooooh, wait. You need a Smith and Wesson revolver, chambered in .45acp. That's almost too easy. S&W 625.

Well, those are just some thoughts... Do you have an AR?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Best bang for the buck in 1911 imho is the Rock Island Armory 45 compact. You can get them for $400 many places. I have had mine for about 6-8 months and have had zero issues, and it is incredibably accurate. You won't find too many negative posts on them !!! Here's mine original, then after a few add ons. Have fun choosing !
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Browning Hi-power in .40 cal. Mine shoots like a dream.

Glock or M&P in 357 Sig or 40. You can then convert between 357, 40, and 9mm. Might not meet your "interesting" requisite, but they work.

(Butler County)

I picked up a Kimber Tactical Ultra Carry II when I first moved out here, kind of celebrate your 2A freedoms kinda thing. Never an issue with it, outshoots me all the time.
    I ran some custom handloads through it and it was a bear but with standard carry ammo it's exceptionally manageable.
    But, no reason you can't CC a full size 1911 either. At 6-1 190 I was able to. At 6-1 270 I can hide a lot more...

something kinda oddball might be a used HK Mk23... kinda hard to find. Def. an interesting and amazingly well built handgun.

(Monroe County)

Sig P229 in 357sig?
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Butler County)

Smith & Wesson Compact ES 1911.

I'd grab one in an instant if I had the money.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...act-es-45-acp/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast