Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default governor debate, 10/16/10

I guess most people know
    onorato, No on castle doctine, yes on Fl "loopehole"

corbett, would sign castle doctine, but really copped out. when asked if he's for it, he just said "I said i would sign it" and no on FL loopehole

my take:
    I find that onorato is a better speakers, he's clear and confident. Corbett is softer spoken, stumbles alot. onorato eyebrows makes him look like a Sad Clown out of makeup

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: governor debate, 10/16/10

Corbett is a steaming pile of horse dung, but the alternative is _______(fill in this part with your own description).

(Lackawanna County)

If there were justice, Sam Rohrer would have been my first choice. Corbett is more of a politician, but more 'electable', I suppose.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Delaware County)

hopefully 1 day, freedom shall prevail and we'll all be free.

I'll be voting in Sam Rohrer...he's MY Governor!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Corbett certainly evokes thoughts of a steaming pile of rotting donkey excrement in my mind.

He/his staff still have yet to answer two very simple yes/no questions I have sent them every week since May. (stemming from a prior email response I received from his staff saying he supports common sense gun laws, not being more specific than that)

I intend to hold Corbett's feet to the fire presuming he becomes our next gov. He has four years to prove he has some balls () or i will do everything I can to make him a one termer.
    FUCK BIDEN

Anybody who wants to be elected will say they support "common sense" gun laws. To win, a candidate needs the broadest base of support possible -- just the way it is. But the definition of "common sense" is vastly different between Onorato (he'd be first in line to sign up if Bloomberg started "Governors Against Illegal Guns") and Corbett.

It is certainly your right to write in another candidate. That strategy arguably put Bill Clinton in the White House in 1992 when a lot of Bush Sr. votes went to Ross Perot, and likely kept Al Gore out of the White House in 2000 when a lot of Gore votes went to Nader.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    It is certainly your right to write in another candidate. That strategy arguably put Bill Clinton in the White House in 1992 when a lot of Bush Sr. votes went to Ross Perot, and likely kept Al Gore out of the White House in 2000 when a lot of Gore votes went to Nader.
    IMHO it is just an act of EMOTIONALISM to waste your ONE vote on a write-in that has no chance to win. It is the same as voting for the opposition because by doing a write-in you take away a vote for a candidate that would most likely be more beneficial to gun owners.

Of I would LOVE to see SAM ROHRER in there myself, but I will put my emotions behind me and vote for the better of Onorato and Corbett,,,which is obviously Corbett. >>> (as far as firearms are concerned)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Did I say anything about writing in another candidate?

We already had a "common sense" gun law. It was called the second amendment. It was common sense until the SCOTUS gutted it and declared that it only applied in the home.

I don't think it's an emotional response. We all have the civic duty to vote for whomever we feel is the best candidate. That is why the write-in exists. The two-party system was engineered to diminish the power of the people and consolidate power to large monolithic special interest groups (the parties).

In any case, I said nothing about whether I planned to write in someone other than Corbett or Onorato. I would appreciate if it you guys would try not to put words into my mouth which I never uttered.
    Last edited by ehidle; October 17th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    I find that onorato is a better speakers, he's clear and confident. Corbett is softer spoken, stumbles alot.
    I know you aren't saying this necessarily, but one of my pet peeves is when a politician is praised for "being a good speaker". Personally I'd like just once to have a real, honest person who actually tries to do the right thing even with an occasional slip of the tongue versus a smooth snake oil salesman who smiles and speaks eloquently while bending me over. Onorato is NOT he man we want as governor, not unless we like higher taxes and fewer freedoms.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast