Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Philadelphia County)

Default Florida no longer accepting DD214 or Hunter Safety??

I saw this posted on a website for a trainer in Philadlephia area. Bold is from the OTHER trainers website.

The Florida Division of Licensing (Website Contact: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/contacts/index.html Florida CCW Application Processing Unit Phone: 850-245-5691. Division's Legal Dept. Phone: 850-245-5491) is no longer recognizing military honorable discharge papers, DD-214 certificates, or copies of Military IDs (active duty) as proof of firearms safety training that fulfills the education requirements of the Florida Statutes. Likewise, they are no longer recognizing any Hunter Safety certificates, nor are they accepting proof of being an active duty or retired law enforcement officer as valid proof of acceptable firearms training.

http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/ccw/CCW01.html

The Florida website and their current Concealed Weapons Permit application packet does not reference this.

Do any of the other instructors, knowledgeable folk, lawyers, etc. have any enlightenment on this? I want to make sure I am providing my students the most accurate information. Many times I am turning students away because they have items such as a DD214, etc. I do have an email into Florida also about this matter.

I can't in good conscience take their money if they allready qualify unless they merely want to take the class for added training. We are still offering fingerprints, notary, photos, etc. for applicants who allready have acceptable training that meets FL requirements for a reduced fee.

gbrown221
    Utah CFP Instructor
    info@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org
    Last edited by gbrown221; October 17th, 2010 at 04:17 PM.