Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Florida no longer accepting DD214 or Hunter Safety??

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Sounds like you guys got to the bottom of it. Good work!

There's so much misinformation going around out there these days regarding training. There's still some instuctors who are not following the live fire requirement for Florida. I wish that there was some national regulatory group for instructors that could keep things on the up and up.
    Pro Shooter --- I concur with the above :-)
    We are as a result encouraging folks to obtain Arizona instead of Florida. AZ also requires live fire and after speaking to the Bureau they are going to be tightening up what courses will be accepted, but unlike Florida the Arizona Fingerprints do not have to be done by law enforcement. I am in the process of trying to get a legislature in Florida to ammend their statute requiring the fingerprints be administered by LEO. To many local PD's and State PD's refusing to do the prints because of their peronsal bias about Florida CCW.

A national regulatory . . . Is that not for the NRA training dept. or in our case Utah BCI ;-)
    Last edited by gbrown221; November 23rd, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Pro Shooter --- I concur with the above :-)

A national regulatory . . . Is that not for the NRA training dept. or in our case Utah BCI ;-)
    The NRA would probably have the ability to do it. I don't know, someone else maybe.

What gets me is the dumb stuff I see out there. I had a gentleman call me a few months ago. He couldn't decide if he wanted to take my Utah class, or the "other guy's".

He ended up taking the other guy's class. Then he tells me that the other guy was encouraging students to fire warning shots and he said that FMJ was much better for self defense than HP's (isn't that just the opposite of what we teach in the Utah outline?). Anyway, what can I do? Call Utah with some 3rd hand info, and not make it seem like sour grapes? I encouraged him to do the eval form and state what he heard, but there ought to be a better way.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    The NRA would probably have the ability to do it. I don't know, someone else maybe.

What gets me is the dumb stuff I see out there. I had a gentleman call me a few months ago. He couldn't decide if he wanted to take my Utah class, or the "other guy's".

He ended up taking the other guy's class. Then he tells me that the other guy was encouraging students to fire warning shots and he said that FMJ was much better for self defense than HP's (isn't that just the opposite of what we teach in the Utah outline?). Anyway, what can I do? Call Utah with some 3rd hand info, and not make it seem like sour grapes? I encouraged him to do the eval form and state what he heard, but there ought to be a better way.
    i was being sarcastic with my coment above.

but on a serious note we do attempt to have the student fill the Utah surveys out before class departure. We do not look and them and confidentially send them in. I just want Utah BCI to have the feedback.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234