Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My New Little Carry Gun Glock 39 .45Gap Sub Compact

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to share a few photos of my new little big carry gun G39... It is the not so popular .45gap .. It impressed me when i first saw that it is the same exact size as the model G26/27 and 33 but shooting a big fat .45cal projectile ..for glock to fit a 45cal in such a small low profile frame sold me on the gun... The gap if no one is familiar with it..has identical balistics to the 45acp ..Ammo is not hard to find either, most of my local gun shops carry a few boxes..Below i have posted a few pics with a comparison to my Glock 21sf with 50GI conversion..This is an awesome conceal carry weapon..I highly recommend it..
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Blair County)

Default Re: My New Little Carry Gun Glock 39 .45Gap Sub Compact

Never shot .45 out of a subcompact...how snappy is it? I'm thinking about getting one of the subcompact Glocks. I have a 23 now and I love it...
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

It feels like shooting the Glock26 Subcompact.. It isnt too snappy.i would say very controlable while rapid firing.. The only little draw back that i found..was that it cost about $50 more than the G26 and G27..other than that it is a great conceal carry for everyday use..

Quote Originally Posted by F16vipers View Post
    Never shot .45 out of a subcompact...how snappy is it? I'm thinking about getting one of the subcompact Glocks. I have a 23 now and I love it...

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudeSegal View Post
    It feels like shooting the Glock26 Subcompact.. It isnt too snappy.i would say very controlable while rapid firing.. The only little draw back that i found..was that it cost about $50 more than the G26 and G27..other than that it is a great conceal carry for everyday use..
    Yea I've been reading a lot of good things about the 45 GAP round in general. PSP issues it so that further leads me to believe it would be solid. I'm usually partial to the .40 S&W but I think eventually I'm going to have to give the GAP a chance. $50 more eh, that's not too bad.

Very cool, only downside I see is finding ammo. I just traded a 10mm for a g36 because I could not get the ammo. I like to shoot at least 50rds a week out my carry gun so ammo availability is important.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    Very cool, only downside I see is finding ammo. I just traded a 10mm for a g36 because I could not get the ammo. I like to shoot at least 50rds a week out my carry gun so ammo availability is important.
    >>>>9mm NATO...just kidding

Ammo isnt too hard to find..

Gander Mountain
    Bass Pro
    Sportsmans Guide
    Midway Usa
    Cheaperthan Dirt
    And a few of my local Gun Shops here keep em in stock

Usually i would buy a bulk of 500rounds so i wouldnt have to worry about ammo for the next six months or so..By the way..my glock 29 in 10mm is my other conceal carry ..That is one badd ass round..I love the 10mm..You should consider reinvesting in another one..Those places i mentioned above also carry a full stock of 10mm ammo..

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudeSegal View Post
    Ammo isnt too hard to find..

Gander Mountain
    Bass Pro
    Sportsmans Guide
    Midway Usa
    Cheaperthan Dirt
    And a few of my local Gun Shops here keep em in stock

Usually i would buy a bulk of 500rounds so i wouldnt have to worry about ammo for the next six months or so..By the way..my glock 29 in 10mm is my other conceal carry ..That is one badd ass round..I love the 10mm..You should consider reinvesting in another one..Those places i mentioned above also carry a full stock of 10mm ammo..
    I feel yeah , i just really wanted to consildate the ammo i use. Both my carry guns and my 3gun /range pistol all use 45 acp. i can buy 45acp from one of three walmarts within 10 miles. oh and 500 rounds would not last me a month Do you plan on reloading at some point ? Don't get me wrong, I love the odd ball round too. Just picked up a sig 229 in 357sig
    Tantric Shooting Team

Isn't the slide slightly wider on the G39 than the G26, 27 and 33? I'm surprised to hear the G39 was $50 more, usually the GAPs are lower priced.

Yeah the Glock39 is a wee bit wider than the 26/27/33 ..but length and height.it is the same..The width is slimmer than the G30sf and 29sf ..i currently also carry a glock 29 and find the G39 to be much more compact..though i would definately take my G29 with me as my side arm when i am hunting in the back woods in case of dangerous game..Yes the full size Gap pistols are cheaper but for some reason this tiny little subcompact G39 was more expensive..i usually buy my guns from buds gun shop and they had it priced at $535.00 which is comparable to the G29/30..and my other local gunshops priced it a little higher for some reason..Below i have a few links to my vids on youtube..one of which is my G29 and the other is of my G39 comparison with my 50GI conversion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls25-Ghd9EM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ito1knmxNJk
    Last edited by JeanClaudeSegal; November 24th, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast