Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

Anybody have any reviews on it? I'm looking into getting a new snubby, and the Bodyguard .38 really catches my eye, and feels good in the hand. I don't particularly care for the way you activate the laser, but it's a minute point. I like the way it handles and all... But I haven't heard much feedback on these yet.. (I tried searching)

III%

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

There are tons of reviews all over the interwebz... your google-fu must be weak today.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    There are tons of reviews all over the interwebz... your google-fu must be weak today.
    I'm talking about here.. I don't care what Richard in Wyoming, or Tina in Arizona has to say.. I'm looking for personal reviews on here from people who have used them.
    III%

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I'm talking about here.. I don't care what Richard in Wyoming, or Tina in Arizona has to say.. I'm looking for personal reviews on here from people who have used them.
    I've shot one - have seen some reviews on here, most seem postitive. I opted not to get one because I thought it looked a bit strange - and like you said, a horrible position for the laser on. I don't know why S&W didn't put the on switch in the grip on both the 38 and the 380. I bought the BG 380 and had to send it back 3 times to get the laser switch fixed so it would turn on. After that, I am ok with the gun, but hate the trigger - very long and squishy pull. Not sure what the trigger on the 38 is like. Hopefully someone will have some more feedback - my bottom line was that for the price, I think I could do better with a LCR or a nice airweight s&w. But if you are good with the looks, the on switch and the price - I personally don't think you can go wrong with it as far as reliability. Good luck.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I've shot one - have seen some reviews on here, most seem postitive. I opted not to get one because I thought it looked a bit strange - and like you said, a horrible position for the laser on. I don't know why S&W didn't put the on switch in the grip on both the 38 and the 380. I bought the BG 380 and had to send it back 3 times to get the laser switch fixed so it would turn on. After that, I am ok with the gun, but hate the trigger - very long and squishy pull. Not sure what the trigger on the 38 is like. Hopefully someone will have some more feedback - my bottom line was that for the price, I think I could do better with a LCR or a nice airweight s&w. But if you are good with the looks, the on switch and the price - I personally don't think you can go wrong with it as far as reliability. Good luck.
    Thanks. I'm considering the 637 as well, but I kinda like the way the bodyguard feels and all. If I'd get the 637, I'd have to get a different grip to fit my larger hands right... the BG seems to be a bit longer. I'm not sure yet, I'm kinda torn..
    III%

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Anybody have any reviews on it? I'm looking into getting a new snubby, and the Bodyguard .38 really catches my eye, and feels good in the hand. I don't particularly care for the way you activate the laser, but it's a minute point. I like the way it handles and all... But I haven't heard much feedback on these yet.. (I tried searching)

I can give you a little info on this gun. not a very good first impression at all. see link below

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/11...r-already.html
    Last edited by plumbcrazy; October 16th, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    but hate the trigger - very long and squishy pull. Not sure what the trigger on the 38 is like. Hopefully someone will have some more feedback .
    The trigger is the same way on th bodyguard ( very long and squishy pull )

(Monroe County)

What's that contraption on the side up by the hammer area? Hope they didn't install some sort of politically correct extra added safety nazi device.

Had a couple of those hidden hammer five shot S&W revolvers years ago. One was the blue steel version and the other as recalled . . . stainless. Nifty little gun that was highly concealable. Had a holster setup inside a boot that worked pretty good. If the gun was carried in a pant pocket, one needed to make sure that some dime didn't find it's way down into the slot and jam up the hammer. Nice piece for personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    What's that contraption on the side up by the hammer area? Hope they didn't install some sort of politically correct extra added safety nazi device.

Had a couple of those hidden hammer five shot S&W revolvers years ago. One was the blue steel version and the other as recalled . . . stainless. Nifty little gun that was highly concealable. Had a holster setup inside a boot that worked pretty good. If the gun was carried in a pant pocket, one needed to make sure that some dime didn't find it's way down into the slot and jam up the hammer. Nice piece for personal protection.
    uhhh... you referring to the built in laserthat comes stansard?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    uhhh... you referring to the built in laserthat comes stansard?

Either that, Or the Cylinder release button that is in place where a hammer would normally be. Makes it a little easier for the Left Handed crowd.

For the money, it appears to be a good buy as a laser usually adds $200 to the cost of any gun. I think the jury is still out as to whether it's worth the money.

FWIW I had a 637 that my wife 'borrowed' ~ The 637 was a very good gun, but I understand a lot of people aren't crazy about the exposed hammer. I replaced my S&W with a Ruger LCR which I really like and would think the S&W BG comes pretty close to copying sans laser.

I recently aquired a Colt Detective Special which could possibly become my New favorite.

~ TJB
    Recoil Happens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast