Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Center Ice, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,640
    Rep Power
    98492

    Default S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Anybody have any reviews on it? I'm looking into getting a new snubby, and the Bodyguard .38 really catches my eye, and feels good in the hand. I don't particularly care for the way you activate the laser, but it's a minute point. I like the way it handles and all... But I haven't heard much feedback on these yet.. (I tried searching)

    ...for out of the ground we were taken, and dust we are, and to the dust we shall return.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,432
    Rep Power
    312404

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    There are tons of reviews all over the interwebz... your google-fu must be weak today.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Center Ice, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,640
    Rep Power
    98492

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    There are tons of reviews all over the interwebz... your google-fu must be weak today.
    I'm talking about here.. I don't care what Richard in Wyoming, or Tina in Arizona has to say.. I'm looking for personal reviews on here from people who have used them.
    ...for out of the ground we were taken, and dust we are, and to the dust we shall return.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    3,532
    Rep Power
    1250389

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I'm talking about here.. I don't care what Richard in Wyoming, or Tina in Arizona has to say.. I'm looking for personal reviews on here from people who have used them.
    I've shot one - have seen some reviews on here, most seem postitive. I opted not to get one because I thought it looked a bit strange - and like you said, a horrible position for the laser on. I don't know why S&W didn't put the on switch in the grip on both the 38 and the 380. I bought the BG 380 and had to send it back 3 times to get the laser switch fixed so it would turn on. After that, I am ok with the gun, but hate the trigger - very long and squishy pull. Not sure what the trigger on the 38 is like. Hopefully someone will have some more feedback - my bottom line was that for the price, I think I could do better with a LCR or a nice airweight s&w. But if you are good with the looks, the on switch and the price - I personally don't think you can go wrong with it as far as reliability. Good luck.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Center Ice, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,640
    Rep Power
    98492

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I've shot one - have seen some reviews on here, most seem postitive. I opted not to get one because I thought it looked a bit strange - and like you said, a horrible position for the laser on. I don't know why S&W didn't put the on switch in the grip on both the 38 and the 380. I bought the BG 380 and had to send it back 3 times to get the laser switch fixed so it would turn on. After that, I am ok with the gun, but hate the trigger - very long and squishy pull. Not sure what the trigger on the 38 is like. Hopefully someone will have some more feedback - my bottom line was that for the price, I think I could do better with a LCR or a nice airweight s&w. But if you are good with the looks, the on switch and the price - I personally don't think you can go wrong with it as far as reliability. Good luck.
    Thanks. I'm considering the 637 as well, but I kinda like the way the bodyguard feels and all. If I'd get the 637, I'd have to get a different grip to fit my larger hands right... the BG seems to be a bit longer. I'm not sure yet, I'm kinda torn..
    ...for out of the ground we were taken, and dust we are, and to the dust we shall return.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Columbia County)
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Anybody have any reviews on it? I'm looking into getting a new snubby, and the Bodyguard .38 really catches my eye, and feels good in the hand. I don't particularly care for the way you activate the laser, but it's a minute point. I like the way it handles and all... But I haven't heard much feedback on these yet.. (I tried searching)

    I can give you a little info on this gun. not a very good first impression at all. see link below

    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/11...r-already.html
    Last edited by plumbcrazy; October 16th, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Columbia County)
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    but hate the trigger - very long and squishy pull. Not sure what the trigger on the 38 is like. Hopefully someone will have some more feedback .
    The trigger is the same way on th bodyguard ( very long and squishy pull )

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crematoria Igneon Township, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    990821

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    What's that contraption on the side up by the hammer area? Hope they didn't install some sort of politically correct extra added safety nazi device.

    Had a couple of those hidden hammer five shot S&W revolvers years ago. One was the blue steel version and the other as recalled . . . stainless. Nifty little gun that was highly concealable. Had a holster setup inside a boot that worked pretty good. If the gun was carried in a pant pocket, one needed to make sure that some dime didn't find it's way down into the slot and jam up the hammer. Nice piece for personal protection.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    4170

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    What's that contraption on the side up by the hammer area? Hope they didn't install some sort of politically correct extra added safety nazi device.

    Had a couple of those hidden hammer five shot S&W revolvers years ago. One was the blue steel version and the other as recalled . . . stainless. Nifty little gun that was highly concealable. Had a holster setup inside a boot that worked pretty good. If the gun was carried in a pant pocket, one needed to make sure that some dime didn't find it's way down into the slot and jam up the hammer. Nice piece for personal protection.
    uhhh... you referring to the built in laserthat comes stansard?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orange (Formerly York, PA), Virginia
    Age
    51
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    4589

    Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .38 reviews..

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    uhhh... you referring to the built in laserthat comes stansard?

    Either that, Or the Cylinder release button that is in place where a hammer would normally be. Makes it a little easier for the Left Handed crowd.

    For the money, it appears to be a good buy as a laser usually adds $200 to the cost of any gun. I think the jury is still out as to whether it's worth the money.

    FWIW I had a 637 that my wife 'borrowed' ~ The 637 was a very good gun, but I understand a lot of people aren't crazy about the exposed hammer. I replaced my S&W with a Ruger LCR which I really like and would think the S&W BG comes pretty close to copying sans laser.

    I recently aquired a Colt Detective Special which could possibly become my New favorite.

    ~ TJB
    Recoil Happens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. S&W Bodyguard
    By abry4854 in forum Pistols
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM
  2. New S&W 380 Bodyguard
    By ratrodfink in forum Pistols
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: August 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
  3. I am my mother's bodyguard
    By XD40coyote in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: August 4th, 2010, 10:43 AM
  4. New S&W Bodyguard
    By cruzans in forum Pistols
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: July 27th, 2010, 05:51 PM
  5. S & W .380 Bodyguard, where is it?
    By Fizzle1985 in forum Pistols
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 24th, 2010, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops