Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default SHUTDOWN at GUNWORLD Harrisville PA for a Pistol

Well I hope not, I have an open account there. I saved up 360.00 and figured it was time to buy either my Beretta or Glock 9. I looked and looked and for the price and what felt best in my hand I decided to go with the Glock 19. So Im pumped, The guy brought my Glock out in box. Brand new with some paperwork. I figured ok Paperwork no big deal. I do it tthen Im ready to pay and walk out with my brand new gun when the guy who is mind you doing his job calls the PA State Police. I figure OK, again, no big deal. Ive never been in trouble a day in my life other than a underage drinking thing when I was 19 but hell I figured that wouldent do a scratch. Next thing I know the guy asks me to give him the gun they just put a hold on me???????????? I was embarrassed to no end and asked him what the deal was? He in turn said they will not let you buy a pistol they are putting a 15 day backround check on you and from what everyone has been telling me thats me waiting for 15 days to be told no?

Why, I never broke any laws, I was never commited to a pshyc institution against my will? I cant understand this and if they take away my rite they better take away my voteing card and everything else that says Im an American citizen too.

Does this happen? What can I expect? I will be truley devistated if they dont allow me to buy a target/Home protection gun.

BTW- I own 26 acers in Harrisville My parents bout 5 years before I was even born. 35 years they have owned that property. I was up there for the weekend to buy my gun shoot some rounds to break it in come home and register for my rite to carry permit. Im still going to do that. They havent ruled me out for no good reason yet. Well My house Here in Pittsburgh with My Mother, Father and Little sister got broke in on while I was gone. Now it would have happened anyway I wasent there and even if I had the gun I wouldnt have been there but I was blown away when I heard that. Everyone is safe. My Mother told me the coward crooks bolted when they heard my Father A veitnam Vet running down the steps screaming Im gonna unload on whoever is in my house. He is seriously disabled or he would have been down much quicker and probably pinned the cowards against a wall till the authoritys got there. Thats what I would have done. Boy would I like to find out who it was. I had the car so have they been watching my house? All I know is Im moving my car for a week and sitting up to see if it happens again. I dont need a gun to protect myself but it would be nice if the cowards had one. Ide still try and take i off of them. No one is going to hurt my family. This is a true story and not the first time my house has been broken into.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: SHUTDOWN at GUNWORLD Harrisville PA for a Pistol

Umm, I think... Well...

Nevermind.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

What was that line about a disturbance in the force and English teachers crying out in fear?

(Allegheny County)

Alrite, Bad Grammer. I appoligize. I have alot on my mind and I dont know how to use spellcheck. However, I would like someones oppion on what is going on with the 15 day hold? Should I be optimistic or pesimistic? Why did they pick me to do that to?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSabbath View Post
    Alrite, Bad Grammer. I appoligize. I have alot on my mind and I dont know how to use spellcheck. However, I would like someones oppion on what is going on with the 15 day hold? Should I be optimistic or pesimistic? Why did they pick me to do that to?
    You are delayed when they see something that might prohibit you, but they don't have enough info to be sure. If there was nothing at all, you'd be approved. If there was definitely a conviction for a serious offense, you'd be "denied" right away. They aren't sure, but there's something flagging your file.

It might be someone with a similar name, it might be an actual arrest where their records don't show what happened to the charges. It could be a charge that might be prohibiting, but only if there was violence against someone in the household. Hard to say.

If you fully understand all of the questions on the form 4473 that you filled out, then you might consider filing a challenge form that the gun shop can give you, if the State Police deny you. But you have to be sure of all of your answers, it's a crime to make false statements on that form.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You are delayed when they see something that might prohibit you, but they don't have enough info to be sure. If there was nothing at all, you'd be approved. If there was definitely a conviction for a serious offense, you'd be "denied" right away. They aren't sure, but there's something flagging your file.

It might be someone with a similar name, it might be an actual arrest where their records don't show what happened to the charges. It could be a charge that might be prohibiting, but only if there was violence against someone in the household. Hard to say.

If you fully understand all of the questions on the form 4473 that you filled out, then you might consider filing a challenge form that the gun shop can give you, if the State Police deny you. But you have to be sure of all of your answers, it's a crime to make false statements on that form.
    Thank you very much. There was never a conviction of any kind. I went to court one time for underage drinking that was over 11 years ago. I pleaded guilty and payed a fine. I seriously doubt that has anthing to do with this.

I know Im old but I just got my Drivers Licens a month and so ago. I did get a ticket for driving on a learners permit by myself, about 3 months ago, but again I pleaded guilty and paid the fine. Case closed.

There are no pending cases on me and there has never been any violence in my history. family or otherwise. I see 2 doctors, 1 my PCP and he has nothing but good things to say about me. I have a disability and am in chronic pain but that does not cloud my judgement. That is the only thing I could see as raising a flag. If that is the case I have spoke with each DR I see and each one of them said I dont have anything to worry about.

Its my Cousins and a few friends that walked into the same store and bought a Pistol and walked out with it telling me I may have a problem. Simply because they dident. This is my first firearm purchace and I have absolutly nothing to hide. I have no problem giving out my name rite here on this board. My full name is my email address in fact and is open to the public.

Fourm 4473 I filled out. Very simple and I told the absolute truth on everything I checked, Initaled or Signed. It was all on the up and up. Im begining to feel better about this whole thing and that is what I need rite now cause this was really bothering me.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Gunlawyer001, please fill in the gaps that I leave out...

You can get a pin number for yourself through NICS(I believe). This will alleviate any future issues if you add your pin number to the form when you buy a firearm. Something similar happened to my buddy, he filled out the form for the pistol he wanted to purchase, the shop made the call to NICS, then the man working at the counter told him that he was denied and that he should go to the state police barracks to find out. He did, turns out that (for all intents and purposes, we'll call him John Smith) another bizarro-John Smith with the same date of birth got in a little trouble to the point where someone thought they needed a restraining order against bizarro-John Smith being that the mug shot was someone of a totally different ethnic background. Simple clerical error, he was able to purchase his pistol two days later, as well as get his LTCF. He also got a pin number, being his actual name is kind of common, he won't have to worry about it anymore. I don't know why the SS# isn't sufficient.

here is the number to the FBI check on getting your pin number: (304) 625-2750

also, here is a link to the NICS Voluntary Appeal File: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...erm=NICS%20VAF
    Last edited by animalmother85; October 9th, 2010 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    . . . I don't know why the SS# isn't sufficient.
    The SS # won't distinguish him from the subject of the restraining order (the PFA), because they don't have a SS # for the guy with the restraining order.

What happens is some bimbo hooks up with a guy she barely knows, they shack up, he beats her, and she takes what little info she has to the courts, where they issue an order against "Jose Perez", middle name unknown, DOB unknown, SS # unknown....since there are a whole Hell of a lot of Jose Perez's wandering around these days, that flag hits on a lot of guys who are perfectly fine folks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Wow, thats intresting. I am carefull with my SS# and I asked the guy who gave me the form to fill out if I needed to write it down. He said no, He dident, So I dident either. I did call PA State Police and they kept giveing me number after number to get to the firearms part. I spoke with a woman in the alcohol division. She claimed she had nothing to do with firearms and told me Its probably has something to do with my Name being mixed up with someone elses. Then she gave me an 800 number that did not work. Ill just let GunWorld do their job. They said they are holding my G-19 and will let me know as soon as they know.

Thanks for all of the information guys. I just typed this in a haste. Im going up my land and Im probably gonna take a few spins on the good Ole Yammi Banshee which will leave me laying in bed moaning and groaning in pain for the next two days but you gotta pay if you wanna play.

Thanks again All

That sucks. I hope everything works out and you get an answer quickly.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast