Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Glock 19 Add Ons

Well I finaly got approved after 12 days of a 15 day backround check. I was happy as hell to go get my new Glock and fire some rounds. I wanted to see how on I am with the G-19 compared to the S&W .22 LR Pistol My Dad won by buying a raffel ticket for the Annual Shanango Volunteer Fire Deparment Gun Raffel.

I noticed a bunch of you guys say you shoot 500 federals through your new guns to break them in correctly? I asked the guy at GW and he sold me a Box of 50 PMC Bronze Ammo 115. Grain bullets and said these will be fine to break a Glock in. I shot all 50 PMCs and they hit very acuratly for me.

I also bought 20 federals for home protection.

Now I cant wait to get more rounds and shoot some more. I like the PMCs. What do you guys like?

Also, what add ons do you Glock 19 owners have on yours? Im definatly getting a grip extender. I like the Light and Laser combo but is that really necessary?

Any other tips bring em on.

Neil, Proud Owner of a Glock-19

Default Re: Glock 19 Add Ons

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSabbath View Post
    Well I finaly got approved after 12 days of a 15 day backround check. I was happy as hell to go get my new Glock and fire some rounds. I wanted to see how on I am with the G-19 compared to the S&W .22 LR Pistol My Dad won by buying a raffel ticket for the Annual Shanango Volunteer Fire Deparment Gun Raffel.

I noticed a bunch of you guys say you shoot 500 federals through your new guns to break them in correctly? I asked the guy at GW and he sold me a Box of 50 PMC Bronze Ammo 115. Grain bullets and said these will be fine to break a Glock in. I shot all 50 PMCs and they hit very acuratly for me.

Now I cant wait to get more rounds and shoot some more. I like the PMCs. What do you guys like?

Also, what add ons do you Glock 19 owners have on yours? Im definatly getting a grip extender. I like the Light and Laser combo but is that really necessary?

Thoughts...extra mags and more than 20 defensive rounds...get a good retention holster. I like the idea of an off weapon light, makes you harder to track, easier to strobe, but I'm ordering an X300 this week too, sooo....night sights are good too. Glocks are simple, good guns, keep it simple....and post pics!
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Maybe a extra mag or 2 or 3. More practice ammo. More carry ammo. Good holster of your choosing. Range time.

Nothing else is needed.

Oh; sorry. Congratulations on the Glock. They're solid, dependable guns & the 19 is a nice size, too.
    Last edited by IronButt; October 16th, 2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: addition
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

congrats! a g-19 was my first handgun (and one of the few i havent sold/swapped for something else) the only upgrade i did to mine was a set of trijicon nite sites, they made a world of difference. Other than that, practice practice and more practice!
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats, G19 was my first handgun too.
    I had Truglo TFO night sights which I liked. Some G17 mags are nice to have, with mag extenders if you're a neat person like me A Glock Sport Combat holster is a great accessory for under $15. And probably the best add-on I ever found for my G19 was a G26

(Montgomery County)

Glocks don't really need 'break-in'. But it's good practice to run a fair amount of whatever ammo you plan to carry through any new gun to be sure everything's functioning OK.

One good add-on: join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation. Along with being able to shoot at their matches (and have a chance at winning Glocks even if you don't win the match), you'll be able to buy one Glock a year at a respectable discount.

I like the PMC bronze 115 gr 9mm para load. Its a really soft, consistent, reliable and cheap round. I've shot about 2500 of these things so far and no failures yet.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSabbath View Post

A 15 day background check?? whats the deal with that the last 3 guns I bought in the last 2monts were walk in 15mins later walk out with a new toy in hand.

(Allegheny County)

If it were me, I would shoot 300-500 rounds through it, a few boxes of carry ammo and see how it feeds the JHP rounds.

Also get a good holster and no less than 5 mags, more like 10-15 would be good.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

I picked up a G26 on Thurs and just had it out today to run it through some paces. I put a good 150-200 rounds and a few SD rounds. 100% with no issues. I'm think'n about a 17 at some point now as well.

I would recommend the night sites and a flashlight off weapon. Easier to find a holster and reduces gun weight.

Enjoy and get out shoot'n some more..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast