Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 19 Add Ons

Mags. mags, mags, ammo, ammo, ammo. A quality leather holster, and a quality Kydex holster. And some Hoppe's #9.

Practice ammo usually isn't a big deal. Buy what you can get locally and cheap. It also helps if you get something that perfroms in a similar manner to your SD ammo. Wal Mart usually has Federal for like $9.47, or something like that, or Winchester White box for a little more.

Buy a buttload of ammo and shoot the absolute hell out of the gun. With 50 rounds through it you haven't even started. Get 500 rounds downrange, then you'll start getting familar with the gun. Remember, you want it to be an extension of your arm. You want to be so familar with it that you pick it up and feel instantly comfortable, and profecient.

Congrats on the new toy!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Help me here... a 15 day background check?

(Berks County)

On both of my Glocks I changed the following:

1. Extened slide relase, as the issue one was too small for me to operate.

2. Extened mag release. Again, for me I just had issues working the stock mag release.

3. Trijicon night sights. My bi focaled eyes just pick those sights up faster.

I broke both of them in with wolf ammo. It worked

Enjoy your Glock
    gotta love her ;)

(York County)

I love my Glock 19 so much I take it with me wherever I go. I've tried out a couple of holsters for it and I settled with a Galco Matrix http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...=2783&GunID=47 after trying out a couple of different Fobus ones. It's an added bonus that it also fits my Glock 34. I haven't needed any magazine extensions/grip extensions yet, since 15 rounds of 9mm is a pretty reasonable amount, and even my large hands don't have a problem with the grip. The only issue I've ever run into is making sure the magazines seat correctly. I usually assist the magazine in with my pinky finger on the fly. It's second nature now, whether I need to or not. Enjoy your new gun, it's a beast!

(York County)

Just like a couple people have said already, get a couple extra magazines and a lot of ammunition and practice. A Glock will serve you well right out of the box, but there are a couple of inexpensive mods you can make to personalize it more if you would like. The extended magazine release, extended slide lock lever, and night sights are all decent upgrades.

Regardless, your Glock will serve you well. Get some training and stand confident. Best of luck.

GB

(Lehigh County)

he was flagged when he originally went to buy it... previous thread....

back to subject... i dont own a glock... i was looking at a 23 (full size .45?) i think.. i liked the grip and i deffinetly like the sights.... i have heard nothing but good and the ocasionall bad when one out a like 1,948,254,125 has a kaboom....

as stated extra mags... makes a workd of difference when shooting at the range...

maybe a set or trijicons but if its a 4th gen i like the sights as is...

and lots of practice... congrats on finally getting the 19

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    maybe a set or trijicons but if its a 4th gen i like the sights as is...
    What is the difference between the Gen3 sights and the Gen4? I have a G27 Gen3 and just bought a G23 Gen4 and the stock sights appear to be identical. Were you referring to the night sights on the Gen4? Thanks

GB

(Allegheny County)

Yes, thank you guys so much. I looked at all of the inexpensive mods and Im going to do them 1 at a time. More mags definatly and Im gonna sign up to a Indoor/Outdoor shooting range in town here when Im not up the country on my land. Believe me I plan on practicing. Those 50 some rounds I shot were just a big tease. I dont know if its still good or not but last time I checked Dunhams at Water Works mall had all ammo for 20% off. Im going there as soon as I get payed and stocking up.

OP wrote - I also bought 20 federals for home protection.

Now I cant wait to get more rounds and shoot some more. I like the PMCs. What do you guys like?

Also, what add ons do you Glock 19 owners have on yours? Im definatly getting a grip extender. I like the Light and Laser combo but is that really necessary?

Any other tips bring em on.

Neil, Proud Owner of a Glock-19

456 - I added some Houge slip on grips to my G19 and G23 other then that I occassionaly wil slip on a tact light. But trully the Glock 19 is good just the way it comes out of the box. You can add magazine capacity or really do some way out stuff to it to customize it for you. But imho the Glock 19 is most excellent just the way it is Houge slip on just enhances whats already there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSabbath View Post
    Also, what add ons do you Glock 19 owners have on yours? Im definatly getting a grip extender. I like the Light and Laser combo but is that really necessary?
    I would get a weapon mounted light for sure, even if just for home defense.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast