Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: HB1926 PUSH FOR CONCURRENCE VOTE ON OCTOBER 18th!!

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    I think we can arrange something.

Gordon Denlinger R, gdenling@pahousegop.com, (717) 7873531 Lancaster*

Denlinger's a friend. I think he's suggesting that we need to send more emails in support of this. There's nothing wrong with doing that now, and then reinforcing with phone calls and faxes on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    just make your email general like: "support the push to concurr HB 1926"

*for CR: see my previous posts for conformation from the NRA of the vote happening on monday oct 18th
    Agreed on the email being short, sweet, and to the point, but generic as described above.

As far as your other comment, I did see the NRA information, and I've double-checked the NRA-ILA website. There's no mention of HB1926 House concurrence definitely happening anywhere, only that it was voted out of the Senate, with amendment, and that the next step is House concurrence. At this point we have no confirmation that this is definitely going to happen, and so far it's not officially on the schedule.

That's why it's important to contact the House leadership on Monday, as mentioned previously in this thread, so that they hear us loud and clear that this is an issue we want addressed and voted through to the Governor's desk.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; October 16th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Denlinger's a friend. I think he's suggesting that we need to send more emails in support of this. There's nothing wrong with doing that now, and then reinforcing with phone calls and faxes on Monday.

Agreed on the email being short, sweet, and to the point, but generic as described above.
    I concur, lets see if we can overload their inbox Sat. and Sun. Then run their fax out of paper. Start all over Monday. Drive their staff nuts.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I concur, lets see if we can overload their inbox Sat. and Sun. Then run their fax out of paper. Start all over Monday. Drive their staff nuts.
    I also like how Denlinger said, "...yet", as if he's bracing for impact. The idea that we have this effect on legislators is a GREAT thing, 'cause it means they know we're gonna respond in force if they don't do what we want.

To make legislators get that feeling when they're dealing with us means we're doing our jobs as citizens, and as a grassroots group, and being effective in the process. Keep up the pressure guys, we're rounding the clubhouse turn!
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Montgomery County)

Hey CR, shouldn't the red alert at the top of the page be changed to this thread?
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    Hey CR, shouldn't the red alert at the top of the page be changed to this thread?
    Yeah, it should, but Dan has to do that... I'll let him know.
    -Charlton Heston

-John Quincy Adams

-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

does anyone have that large list of Rep. emails that was put into email format in the other thread? I'm at work and don't have time to dig for it this second.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Warren County)

From GrassrootsPA.com:

UPDATE: HOUSE LEADERS SAY MONDAY NO LONGER A VOTING DAY

Good afternoon,
    Reps. McCall, Eachus & Dermody asked me to forward this memo to you concerning an update to the session schedule. If you need additional information please contact me.
    TO: House Democratic Members
    Todd A. Eachus, Majority Leader
    Frank Dermody, Majority Whip

DATE: October 16, 2010
    RE: SESSION SCHEDULE UPDATE
    Monday, October 18 is now a non-voting session day.

No floor votes will be taken, and Members will not need to return to Harrisburg.

Our next scheduled voting session day remains November 8.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodero View Post
    From GrassrootsPA.com:

UPDATE: HOUSE LEADERS SAY MONDAY NO LONGER A VOTING DAY

Good afternoon,
    Reps. McCall, Eachus & Dermody asked me to forward this memo to you concerning an update to the session schedule. If you need additional information please contact me.
    TO: House Democratic Members
    Todd A. Eachus, Majority Leader
    Frank Dermody, Majority Whip

DATE: October 16, 2010
    RE: SESSION SCHEDULE UPDATE
    Monday, October 18 is now a non-voting session day.

No floor votes will be taken, and Members will not need to return to Harrisburg.

Our next scheduled voting session day remains November 8.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    ( BOLD and COLOR ARE MINE )

That is the response I got also.... DAMN..... guess we will have to wait until Nov 8th to get the point across again....

(Allegheny County)

I got a similar email from some of the reps I emailed. I guess November 8th it is. It sucks to have to wait until after the election though since some of these guys (including the governor) won't feel as accountable then.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Can we get confirmation of this? I'm seeing nothing in the NRA-ILA alerts, or anywhere else for that matter, which states the concurrence vote on HB1926 has been placed on the House schedule. We need to keep push for this to be placed on the schedule until we get confirmation it's there.
    Here is the only thing I found. It doesn't really state as shown above.
    I underlined & Bold-ed the only reference below.
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    LINK:
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6058

Pennsylvania: “Castle Doctrine” Bill Passes Senate, Heads to House for Concurrence!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Please Contact Your State Representative!

Yesterday, Thursday, October 14, the Pennsylvania Senate passed House Bill 1926 by a vote of 45-4. The bill now returns to the House where it could be concurred with on Monday, October 18.

HB1926 contains State Senator Richard Alloway’s (R-33) “Castle Doctrine” amendment. This language would permit law-abiding citizens to use force, including deadly force, against an attacker in their homes and any places outside of their home where they have a legal right to be. If enacted, this law would also protect individuals from civil lawsuits by the attacker or the attacker’s family when force is used.

Please contact your State Representative TODAY and respectfully urge them to vote for HB1926 with the Alloway amendment. Contact information can be found by clicking here. IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD!

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Also, I received this Alert today. I can not find the link any were. It my just have been posted on the NRA-ILA sit yet.

.................................................. .............................................
    Subject: Your State Senator Made an Anti-Gun Vote Earlier This Week - Ask Them Why!
    Sent: Oct 15, 2010 05:55:27 PM

Your State Senator Made an Anti-Gun Vote Earlier This Week - Ask Them Why!

Please Contact Your State Senator!

Earlier this week, your State Senator voted for an amendment to House Bill 1926 that would have added language prohibiting a resident of the Commonwealth from carrying a concealed firearm with a license issued from another state. Under this proposal, a Pennsylvanian with a Utah or Florida permit would have been prohibited from carrying a firearm for self-defense while in the Keystone State.

Thankfully, this amendment failed to pass. It would have had disastrous consequences on the self-defense rights of law-abiding Pennsylvanians.

Please contact your State Senator TODAY and respectfully ask them why they voted for this anti-gun amendment. Also, remind them that you will remember their actions come November. Contact information can be found by clicking here.
    Supporting Member:
    TACDA NRA PAZRT
    PAFOA NRA-ILA

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast