Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: HB1926 PUSH FOR CONCURRENCE VOTE ON OCTOBER 18th!!

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    Oh, you'd be surprised!! Take a look at the Senate votes on the final passage of HB-1926.
    I would bet that was more political posturing directed toward the CD than the ML. The reps knew it would pass anyway, so it was basically a passive "protest" (if you will).
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Will be 'robo calling' my ass off first thing Monday morning once I get a window back in the house and get my mother back off to Ohio

Saw this on twitter at about 10 AM today:

RepGordon Gordon Denlinger :
    HB 1926 comes back from the Senate with #CastleDoctrine amendment included. Getting a few supportive e-mails, but not many...yet. #pahouse
    (emphasis mine)
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy610 View Post
    Saw this on twitter at about 10 AM today:

RepGordon Gordon Denlinger :Getting a few supportive e-mails, but not many...yet. #pahouse
    (emphasis mine)
    I think we can arrange something.

Gordon Denlinger R, gdenling@pahousegop.com, (717) 7873531 Lancaster*

The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Will be 'robo calling' my ass off first thing Monday morning once I get a window back in the house and get my mother back off to Ohio
    First your dog, now your mother is jumping out the window?

And a point of order for the thread ---

Shouldn't we be paying attention first to the Rules Committee?
    House rule 30 states that the bill will be returned from the senate to the House Rules Committee, then to the calendar.

Rule 30
    Bills Amended by the Senate

When a bill or joint resolution has been amended by the Senate and returned to the House for concurrence, it shall be referred automatically to the Committee on Rules immediately upon the reading of the message from the Senate by the Clerk. The consideration of any bill or joint resolution containing Senate amendments may include the amendment of Senate amendments by the Committee on Rules. The vote on concurring in amendments by the House to bills or joint resolutions amended by the Senate shall not be taken until said bills or joint resolutions have been favorably reported, as committed or as amended, by the Committee on Rules.

When said bill or joint resolution has been favorably reported by the Committee on Rules, either as committed or as amended, said bill or joint resolution shall be placed on the calendar. When acting on bills or joint resolutions amended by the Senate, the bill and the amendments shall be read and the question put on the concurrence in all amendments to the bill since it was last considered by the House.

Any two members may object to the report of any bill or joint resolution containing Senate amendments amended by the Committee on Rules. The objection must be raised prior to the bill or joint resolution being put to a roll call vote. The question shall be decided by a majority vote of the members elected to the House. If the House rejects the report of any such bill or joint resolution, the bill or joint resolution shall be automatically returned to the Committee on Rules as last passed by the Senate.

The House shall not consider any proposed amendment to any amendment made by the Senate to a bill or joint resolution, nor consider any amendment to any amendment made by the Committee on Rules.

A majority vote of the members elected to the House taken by yeas and nays shall be required to concur in amendments made by the Senate, except for appropriations to charitable and educational institutions not under the absolute control of the Commonwealth, where a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to the House shall be required to concur. (Constitution, Article III, Sections 5 and 30).

Unless the Majority Leader and the Minority Leader shall agree otherwise, the offering of an amendment to Senate amendments in the Committee on Rules shall not be in order until at least one hour after the filing of a copy of the amendment as prepared by the Legislative Reference Bureau with the office of the Chief Clerk. Upon the filing of such an amendment, the Chief Clerk shall immediately time stamp the amendment and forthwith forward a time-stamped copy of the amendment to the offices of the Majority Leader and the Minority Leader. Except as provided under this subsection, it shall not be in order to suspend or otherwise waive the requirements of this subsection.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Chester County)

OH shit. Looks like we need to find out who's on the rules committee, and get cracking on these guys first!!! We can still get this done on Monday, if we all do our part

(Allegheny County)

IF you've never been to Harrisburg, or if you're an old hand at it, get your ass in high gear and be there. I've posted before, 1 team leader + 1 member nodding his head in affirmation = the perception of thousands of votes. See you at the Capitol. Make sure to fill out your gun form(s) well in advance. .pdf copy attached. You may be able to fill on computer, or print out and fill in the blanks. It speeds the process considerably. Capitol Police are on our side, as they know that Castle Doctrine gives them immunity from civil suits, too. Smile at 'em, tell them you are carrying, and have your driver's license and carry license ready along with the form.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Allegheny County)

I cant make it to harrisburg. No sitter or money for gas> But what I can do is make calls all day and send emails out all day. I feel bad i can't make it but i will do my best to do what i can from here.

Andy
    Andrew Jackson USN (1992-2010)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    OH shit. Looks like we need to find out who's on the rules committee, and get cracking on these guys first!!! We can still get this done on Monday, if we all do our part
    I have the list ready to post, but want to confirm procedure.
    We don't need to "hit them" and request something that is not correct.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    I have the list ready to post, but want to confirm procedure.
    We don't need to "hit them" and request something that is not correct.

just make your email general like: "support the push to concurr HB 1926"

*for CR: see my previous posts for conformation from the NRA of the vote happening on monday oct 18th

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast