• Thunder .380

21 34.43%
  • Thunder 9mm UC

40 65.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Bersa Thunder .380 or 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Anything 380 can do 9mm can do it better. Cheaper ammo mean you can practice more you really want to be good with your carry gun. Don't be sued by talk of any gun with do, or any gun beter then no gun. Be awear that having the right tool for the job is what you want.
    I do agree with the above statements and wanted a 9mm as a carry piece , but the choices are just to few in 9mm that can compare with the size, weight and conceivability of a 380. I want my piece to conform to the way I dress not dress just to conceal a weapon.

(Montgomery County)

Can't opine on the 9mm but I got a .380 on a whim and love it!

Accurate, fits my hand perfectly, inexpensive (not cheap!), reliable, easy to carry and a joy to shoot.

Best of luck and be safe!

Here's mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(York County)

www.galleryofguns.com has 2 bersa in 9mm for sale atm. Using the instaquote gets you the price to have it shipped to your local ffl,and gives 3 options as to who you would like to buy from. You seem to be leaning more toward the .380 but wanted to let you know of this sight, in case you are still looking.
    Fyrewater71

Smile Re: Bersa Thunder .380 or 9mm?

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and it is an excellent gun for conceal carry, accurate and dependable. If you want a 9mm for carry I suggest the SR9c by Ruger, it is a fine weapon which is accurate and excellent to carry, not bulky. The Bersa .380 and Ruger SR9c will have your back no matter which you carry.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and it is an excellent gun for conceal carry, accurate and dependable. If you want a 9mm for carry I suggest the SR9c by Ruger, it is a fine weapon which is accurate and excellent to carry, not bulky. The Bersa .380 and Ruger SR9c will have your back no matter which you carry.
    Well said, the bersa 9mm is far from the most concealable 9mm out there. Hard to argue with the price though.
    I went through the same dilemma a couple months ago and settled on the thunder .380 cc. Essentially the same as the other .380s but with finger grooves in the frame, shaved down sights and hammer, and the barrel is about 1/4 inch shorter. That may not sound like a big difference but it's small enough to pocket carry but still comfortable in my larger hands, as opposed to the keltecs, sigs, and rugers that seem to get lost in my palm. Only downsides are there aren't many choices for aftermarket cc model grips (finger grooves mean standard thunder grips won't fit properly) and the cc
    magazine is slightly different as well so make sure to get the right one.
    As wa3ra said, the modern loads are a good deal better than yesteryear. And cost wise I found my best deals online, so much so that I only fire SD rounds at the range. Good luck either way and remember, despite what we all say, if you aren't comfortable with it then its useless anyhow. So try them out then decide.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    If you just want it as a carry piece go with the 380. Its small and easily concealable. You don't have to worry much about cost of ammo once its broken in because its NOT a range piece so you wont be shooting hundreds of rounds through it. There's some nice defensive rounds out there that will do just fine. I carry a LCP for that reason. Don't let all that bigger caliber is better talk you into something that will sit on the shelf because its uncomfortable to carry. In the end it comes down to personal preference. Just remember any weapon is better then no weapon.
    This is something I will never understand. I would think the gun you carry would be the one you pratice with the most or at least on a regular basis.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    This is something I will never understand. I would think the gun you carry would be the one you pratice with the most or at least on a regular basis.
    Absolutely, I have several revolvers and pistols, I always spend more time with my carry gun, one handed, two handed, strong hand, weak hand, whatever, and it's the last gun I fire any day at the range, want that memory reflex to work.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm certainly happy with my Bersa Thunder .380. I took a chance on this "low-cost" firearm and it tuned out to be amazing. It fits nicely in an in-the-waistband holster. I barely notice it's there versus the bulky Glock 26. Of course, it's a compromise. The Glock holds more rounds and the 9mm has more stopping power. However, the Bersa is more comfortable and I'm able to more easily conceal it. The Bersa is a good "dress-up" gun - i.e. you're dressed up for dinner or Easter.

(Chester County)

I understand this is an old thread but just wanted to add my 2 cents.. I own the Bersa 380 cc and yes the size is amazing. I also enjoy shooting it... great little gun to have.
    Last edited by ACDC502; August 7th, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Post Re: Bersa Thunder .380 or 9mm?

I love my bersa .380 It was one of the first firearms my dad brought me. Easy to conceal no problems. Now i started working armed security and i wanted to stay with the bersa models so I brought the 9mm. I have been in heaven since. They are both great models. You cant go wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast