Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Thumbs down Smith & Wesson Bodyguard going in for warranty repair already

Smith & Wesson Bodyguard, purchase date was 9/14/2010 from a dealer.

The cylinder once opened does not lock correctly. You can close it but it takes several tries to get it to lock. If it locks at all. Other times it will lock and you cannot get it open without a struggle. There have only been around 30 rounds fired from this gun Ammunition 38 Special 158 Grain Lead Round Nose. Any ideas ??????

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson Bodyguard going in for warranty repair already

Yes. Call Smith and Wesson, they will take it back to the factory free of charge and fix the problem for you. It will cost you nothing. (You can also complain a bit about the trigger being gritty and they will polish it up for you)
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

Always heard great things about their customer service (never had to use it myself). Just sounds like you got a lemon but like Steve said, they'll surely take care of you.

(Columbia County)

Smith & Wesson is sending a shipping label for warranty service today. My only concern is how do I prove I sent it in for service if I never get it back. I really don’t want to be out 450.00 dollars. I never had to send a gun in for repair before so this all new to me..

(Allegheny County)

Ruger did the same thing when I sent my LCP back for recall work. You could record the tracking number and you should get a confirmation delivery when it gets back to them.

Thumbs up Re: Smith & Wesson Bodyguard going in for warranty repair already

They will make it right and return it to you fast. S&W are the best when it comes to service. "Born in the USA"!
    US Army 1965-1971

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by plumbcrazy View Post
    Smith & Wesson is sending a shipping label for warranty service today. My only concern is how do I prove I sent it in for service if I never get it back. I really don’t want to be out 450.00 dollars. I never had to send a gun in for repair before so this all new to me..
    I am here to help you, and here is some critical input. Write better questions. Your original post does not address what I have quoted above. Asking the right question is 50% of the answer.

Your concern is not warranted. It is not a regular occurrence when a firearm is sent if for repair to the manufacturer and it is "lost." Here is what is going to happen:

You will receive an email from Smith and Wesson, attached to that email will be an UPS label. On that label will be a tracking number, you do not have to write it down because you will have it in your email.

You will send in your firearm and they will receive it. You can check two days after shipping form the UPS website to insure delivery.

Smith and Wesson will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your firearm with your complaints/issues and they will say to expect a 4-8 week turn around time. This letter will have your name, address and will include the firearm model and serial number.

Approximately two weeks later you will receive your firearm back from Smith and Wesson. (they set the bar really low at 4-8 weeks, to insure customer satisfaction)

Done. Manufacturers do not want firearms "disappearing" from customers. Your fears are unfounded. Enjoy.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Manufacturers do not want firearms "disappearing" from customers. Your fears are unfounded. Enjoy.
    This. If Taurus (which is renowned for its terrible customer service) could turn around my TCP in two weeks, you'll have no issue with S&W.

(Columbia County)

Smile Re: Smith & Wesson Bodyguard going in for warranty repair already

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I am here to help you, and here is some critical input. Write better questions. Your original post does not address what I have quoted above. Asking the right question is 50% of the answer.

Your concern is not warranted. It is not a regular occurrence when a firearm is sent if for repair to the manufacturer and it is "lost." Here is what is going to happen:

You will receive an email from Smith and Wesson, attached to that email will be an UPS label. On that label will be a tracking number, you do not have to write it down because you will have it in your email.

You will send in your firearm and they will receive it. You can check two days after shipping form the UPS website to insure delivery.

Smith and Wesson will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your firearm with your complaints/issues and they will say to expect a 4-8 week turn around time. This letter will have your name, address and will include the firearm model and serial number.

Approximately two weeks later you will receive your firearm back from Smith and Wesson. (they set the bar really low at 4-8 weeks, to insure customer satisfaction)

Done. Manufacturers do not want firearms "disappearing" from customers. Your fears are unfounded. Enjoy.

Thanks for all the help everyone especially Steve that info helped put my mind at ease

Thats rare but it shows that it can happen even to S&W, the J frame is one of there weaker models usually only for 38spl or 9mil.

But that is why S&W has a Customer service and warrnt department becaue it can happen no matter how rare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast