Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: Why doesn't Pennsylvania have Constitutional Carry?

Since the thread was resuscitated . . . have any of you been to Philadelphia? Driven through areas around Allentown or Reading or Wilkes Barre or Harrisburg where your instinct is to lock the doors and adjust your Glock in its holster? Would you want your average sidewalk-dweller there to be able to carry a gun freely between court appearances until he gets his Crime Club bonus card stamped enough times to get a free trial?

We have a choice as a society: either identify the lawbreakers and thugs and crazies ONCE and take them out of the public sphere permanently (or until they are reliably rehabilitated); or have a revolving door justice system that ensures a steady supply of free range criminals, and maybe have the largest city become a "sanctuary city" for lawless alien invaders, and have the new DA promise not to prosecute "property crimes" like theft and vandalism and such.

One of those choices allows us all to reasonably assume that any person walking free is a good guy.

The other doesn't.

The Framers assumed that we'd go the first route.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Susquehanna County)

Gunlawer

Is it a valid possibility to charge the State Representitives, who keep writing 'grandstand' anti-gun bills that go against 18 PA 6120, with conspiracy to commit treason or some other law for trying to violate current state law?

If so do you know a lawyer willing to go this route?

What kind of funds would be needed to do this?

I think it is time that gun owners stand up and bitch slap some of these politicians into following our current laws. I doubt anything much would come of it, but if a couple were to be charged and brought before a judge maybe it would slow this crap down.

I have contact with more and more folks who think the same way I do and want to throw money at this if it makes any legal sense
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Gunlawer

Is it a valid possibility to charge the State Representitives, who keep writing 'grandstand' anti-gun bills that go against 18 PA 6120, with conspiracy to commit treason or some other law for trying to violate current state law?

If so do you know a lawyer willing to go this route?

What kind of funds would be needed to do this?

I think it is time that gun owners stand up and bitch slap some of these politicians into following our current laws. I doubt anything much would come of it, but if a couple were to be charged and brought before a judge maybe it would slow this crap down.

I have contact with more and more folks who think the same way I do and want to throw money at this if it makes any legal sense
    I sympathize, but the remedy for bad politicians is to vote them out, and too many of the voters are ignorant sheep who grasp at blaming the law-abiding for the misdeeds of the criminal class.

It's very popular in Philadelphia to blame "outsiders" and fringe groups like law-abiding gun owners (in Philly, they're probably a minority of the population). Almost every criminal has a mom, a dad somewhere, some siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, co-workers. When a couple of teens gun each other down and take out a few bystanders, the dead kids become saints and the NRA gets the blame. The only people who matter in Philly, the voters, refuse to accept the reality that if they raise bad kids, those bad kids do bad things. No, they'll vote for someone who blames the NRA, or Harrisburg, or white people, or banks, or Trump.

Legislators have some degree of immunity for their acts, I don't know what level of treason is required before they can be cuffed and booked, or even sued in civil court. They can certainly be arrested for taking bribes in a motel room, but not so much for voting a particular way, or sponsoring a bill, or even writing a bill which clearly violates the Constitution.

(Bucks County)

^^^How 'bout torches, pitchforks and some rope?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Imagine if we all carried pitchforks and torches to Harrisburg this year.
    Think the symbolism would have an impact ?

Imagine the capital police having to check all those pitchforks and torches.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    While it would be unethical for me to encourage that (it would be like your dentist handing out rock candy to kids), I would secretly enjoy the spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I sympathize, but the remedy for bad politicians is to vote them out, and too many of the voters are ignorant sheep who grasp at blaming the law-abiding for the misdeeds of the criminal class.

It's very popular in Philadelphia to blame "outsiders" and fringe groups like law-abiding gun owners (in Philly, they're probably a minority of the population). Almost every criminal has a mom, a dad somewhere, some siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, co-workers. When a couple of teens gun each other down and take out a few bystanders, the dead kids become saints and the NRA gets the blame. The only people who matter in Philly, the voters, refuse to accept the reality that if they raise bad kids, those bad kids do bad things. No, they'll vote for someone who blames the NRA, or Harrisburg, or white people, or banks, or Trump.

Legislators have some degree of immunity for their acts, I don't know what level of treason is required before they can be cuffed and booked, or even sued in civil court. They can certainly be arrested for taking bribes in a motel room, but not so much for voting a particular way, or sponsoring a bill, or even writing a bill which clearly violates the Constitution.
    There in, lies the problem.......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678