Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Why doesn't Pennsylvania have Constitutional Carry?

If any state should have Constitutional Carry, I would think it would be PA, yet we do not. Curious why this is the case as the PA Constitution is about as unambiguous as possible. It could not be written more clearly IMO. The framers wanted every citizen the right to defend themselves and this is a right which cannot be questioned.

Having to get a LTCF is indeed questioning this right.....therefore Unconstitutional IMO. Where am I going wrong?

PA Constitution
    Right to Bear Arms
    Section 21.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Why doesn't Pennsylvania have Constitutional Carry?

I can guess two reasons...

1. Philadelphia
    2. Old-timers that think the 2nd amendment is just about their deer rifle that they shoot 3x a year.

The fact that no one can get two people to agree and take government to task for their errors. Getting a large enough group to stand united and hold politicians feet to the fire. If we could convince every firearm owner, supporter in PA to stand in front of their Representatives office and demand it. It would be done. Seems we cant get 3% to organize.
    -Remember the Constitution-

If our state actually has to devote time and resources and years of litigation to decide whether the Sheetz in Altoona on 17th street is allowed to sell six packs then deny them, then let them, then deny them, then let them again, etc etc etc. I have absolutely no faith in someone letting Constitutional carry be legal.

As far as I'm concerned, the PA legislative/ judicial system is a big FAIL. We're like..one of the few states that doesn't allow six pack sales in convenience stores, grocery stores. Because thats just horrible and evil and destructive. And Sunday sales too... its OK to sell it 6 days a week but you better not sell on Sunday.

We need to wipe out all laws and start over again as far as I'm concerned. Some of this shit is just really stupid.

I think the real question here is why isn't the whole country constitutional carry, the way it was originally intended to be and should be.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Yeah but we don't have a right to 6-packs of beer written into the constitution. There is no " the right of the people to buy 6-packs of beer at Sheetz shall not be questioned".

In so far as the PA constitution and the 2A clause, yes this is being violated. Philly leads the way to HBG, and there are Fudds aplenty.

If we use Heller "liner notes" as a back up, then if nothing else, PA should allow OC in vehicles and public transit ( and horseback), and in Philly without gov't permission cards. OC on foot only in a culture of cars, trucks, motocycles, mopeds, ATV's, bicycles, buses, and trains, is unfair. A gov't permission card to OC in Philly= illegal by constitutional definition.

Yes, if the Fudds and other nonthinker gun owners would stop drinking Brady/Ceasefire koolaid, vote for pro 2A canidates, and do some phone calls/letter writing in the very least, then PA " the state with 1 million NRA members", could get the legislature moving to bust down Philly, and pass at least unrestricted OC statewide.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    If any state should have Constitutional Carry, I would think it would be PA, yet we do not.

Having to get a LTCF is indeed questioning this right.....therefore Unconstitutional IMO. Where am I going wrong?

PA Constitution
    Right to Bear Arms
    Section 21.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    Shooter, you have it exactly right. I can't give a concise reason as to how we got to this current state of affairs, but I can say it's been a slow gradual process of dumbing down of the People. And it's going to take a lot of effort to re-educate the People about their birth-right of Liberty, on this topic and other issues of Liberty.

This forum is very much on the leading edge of the effort.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by X - Man View Post
    Shooter, you have it exactly right. I can't give a concise reason as to how we got to this current state of affairs, but I can say it's been a slow gradual process of dumbing down of the People. And it's going to take a lot of effort to re-educate the People about their birth-right of Liberty, on this topic and other issues of Liberty.

This forum is a great tool to get the info out, but without Groups like FOAC, you would not have the or the Edge to get things Changed.

Look for some Pro Gun/Pro Carry Bills to start moving next session. RIGHT NOW, your focus should be on getting "Castle Doctrine" Passed out of the House on a Concurennce Vote on Monday and sent to the Governor.

here's the thread for that:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ober-18th.html
    Last edited by renegadephoenix; October 15th, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by X - Man View Post

I would think that if ever there was an open and shut case, this would be it if challenged.

The wording could not be more unambiguous in Section 21 of the PA Constitution. And given that AK, AZ, and VT have Constitutional Carry and yet do not have such clear wording in their Constitutions as PA has, leads me to believe this one is just ripe for the picking.

The short answer, our judicial system is full of partisan political activism. The long answer, its all secondary effects of pervasive racism.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast