Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Beretta PX4 Storm SC

Picking up my new Beretta PX4 Storm sub compact tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has heard or experienced any issues with the decocker safety and/or slide finish lately? I know there had been some issues, but I am really hoping those have passed. I went on a Beretta forum where they were talking about them, and they put together an "unofficial" range of serial numbers that were having issues, and mine is well passed that range ( I asked for the serial number of my gun before they shipped it from dealer ). After doing some research on the "best" carry gun - this one rose to the top for me because of overall size, capacity and reliablility. I also love the way it looks -which seems to be one that you either love or hate !
    Thanks !

Default Re: Beretta PX4 Storm SC

I have owned one for just over a year now. It has been back to the factory twice but not for the decocker (knock on wood). I have several posts on the Beretta forum about my issues and I'm sure you can find others that have posted similarly. My problems were mainly frequent jamming and failures to eject. I most recently had a problem with my front side moving, which is apparently pretty coming. I had it fixed once by a local smith, it moved again so I sent it back and they popped it back and said nothing was wrong with it. It moved again after 2 magazines so I had my smith loctite it in place. I have come very close to selling it but I just love the way it shoots and can't bring myself to part with it. Overall I love the pistol but have been very disappointed with level of customer service provided by Beretta.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester6 View Post
    I have owned one for just over a year now. It has been back to the factory twice but not for the decocker (knock on wood). I have several posts on the Beretta forum about my issues and I'm sure you can find others that have posted similarly. My problems were mainly frequent jamming and failures to eject. I most recently had a problem with my front side moving, which is apparently pretty coming. I had it fixed once by a local smith, it moved again so I sent it back and they popped it back and said nothing was wrong with it. It moved again after 2 magazines so I had my smith loctite it in place. I have come very close to selling it but I just love the way it shoots and can't bring myself to part with it. Overall I love the pistol but have been very disappointed with level of customer service provided by Beretta.
    Yeah, I've heard their service is pretty bad - right down to charging you to ship the gun back even if it is defective brand new w/o shooting ! I really like the gun and hope I didn't make a mistake by going with it. I've heard about magazines dropping out and front site falling off too. I'm going with the "not mine" theory - hope I don't get burned. Thanks !

(Northampton County)

WOW this is pretty eye opening, glad I decided not to go with the PX4 Storm.

I was on the Beretta Forum and asked some pretty simple questions and to date nothing but crickets.

As for as I know the Beretta PX4 Storm is a pretty solid pistol. It uses a rotating barrel design as well. The SC uses a tilt barrel and just has some problems. I will add that I did not sell mine. When its working its a really fun pistol to shoot and shoots very accurately. Its my most accurate subcompact I own.....most likely because its not very "subcompact." Good luck with yours.

(Cumberland County)

Picked it up today, and so far, so good. No finish issues on the slide that some have had. The decocker safety seems to be working perfectly. The magazine seats perfectly, all in all, perfect so far. Will be taking it to the range maybe tomorrow, and hopefully everything continues to be ok. It really is a beauty - and carry's very nicely in the Kholster I bought for it. Fingers still crossed.

I own a PX4 Storm and its fast becoming one of my favorite pistols everythings in the right place and it seems to have the best of everything. Of course my Strom is PX4 in 45acp but its still a strom. Very laccuate and easy to shoot, it doesn't have the firepower of my Glock 21 but its more ergonomic and sleeker. The accuracy is about the same.

Your PX4 rumor from what I hear it's as easy to shoot and as accurate as a full size pistol. My PT11 Kel tec in 9mm though slightly smaller it not easy to shoot nor as accurate as a full size pistol. It's only adequate and light your PX4 strom is a far better choice.

(York County)

Beretta customer service is LEGENDARY for being lousy. I am a huge fan of Beretta....I own about a dozen from shotguns to lots of variations of the 92 series and a PX4 full size and I have not (thankfully) ever had to deal with something with their CS.

When my wife was looking for a subcompact for CC, we went looking and even over my great preference to Beretta...we went with a 9mm XD subcompact. The PX4SC we looked over had too many defects in the finish, especially around the slide serrations.

EVEN after that, I just bought a PX4SC that I found used at a local shop. I love it and no finish problems. It is exceptionally accurate and feels very good in the hand.

Congrats on your purchase. I am certain you will enjoy it. Give us a range report once you get your hands on it.

(Cumberland County)

Here she is in my new Kholster. Starting to really like these holsters. Bought one for my RIA 38 super and one form the new Storm - very comfortable and conceal great ! Hopefully to the range tomorrow - will give a range report when done !

(Northampton County)

Looks awesome.....enjoy !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast