Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Vehicle Carry - Desantis Kingston Holster

While reading over a topic in the Concealed section on comfortable vehicle carry, someone mentioned the Desantis Kingston holster. I had been looking at a way to secure my gun while in my Tahoe and the Kingston looked interesting so I ordered one with the optional thumb break.
    I got it today, installed it (if you want to call it that) and am pretty damn happy with it. Getting the strap under the seat and through/around all the power seat moving bars was kind of tricky but once I got it setup and tightened down it wasn't moving anywhere. Holstering and unholstering are both a breeze, I cant feel the strap under my butt, it doesn't rub on either of my legs, and the steering wheel doesn't get in the way of drawing it. The holster also has a neoprene sleeve on it for an extra mag (and it looks like it would hold a flashlight pretty well too). I have plans on making a metal bracket to bolt to one of the bars under the seat to then attach the holster to in the same spot, so I can get rid of the strap (both so it does't mess up the leather and so it's less of an eye sore).
    Thumbs up from me and I recommend it for those of you who like to unholster when sitting in your vehicle.
    Seacrest OUT.

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Vehicle Carry - Desantis Kingston Holster

I will have to look into this holster for my wifes truck.
    I have been looking for just the thing. My boss had made a bracket to mount a holster to the underside of his Ford Ranger's seat, I just never got into making one.

If you do make a bracket, make sure that you share.

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Good report!
    And that looks sturdy.

In the picture it looks like its so tight it could leave marks behind. How easy is it to loosen the tension to return the seat to normal when you're not using it?

Seacrest OUT.-LOL awesome!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Steve View Post
    Good report!
    And that looks sturdy.

In the picture it looks like its so tight it could leave marks behind. How easy is it to loosen the tension to return the seat to normal when you're not using it?
    Good question. Out of the box it is set up so the buckle is on top of the seat for easy adjustments and quick removal. I have no need to remove mine and don't want to sit on a buckle (although other reviews claim you cannot feel it at all as its more between your thighs than under your butt), so I pulled the strap out and swapped it so the buckle is under the seat. Once its tight and under the seat, its not easy to loosen but thats more because of all the crap under my seat for the power adjustments, and I have big paws. If you left it setup so the buckle is on top, it'd be very easy to loosen and remove.
    The holster is a standard IWB holster and can be removed from the strap in about 30 seconds if you wanted to just run that holster and move it from hip to strap. I am wondering if a serpa II would be a better choice when I mount the bracket tomorrow, both for the fast retention and because it'd be easier to holster/draw. Don't get me wrong, this holster is easy as hell but its not 100% rigid as its nylon so kydex would be the slightest bit easier....plus I kind of want to use this as my standard IWB and dump my cheapo blackhawk.

If you guys want any other pictures/angles/info let me know!