Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Any Good Shooting Technique Videos

Hello all,

First, I would like to say that I'm sure this subject has come up many, many, many times before. I know that this site, and the internet in general, features a search function. Yes, I have used it. I just want to get the most up to date information that's available to me.

I'm a fairly seasoned shooter, but I've been thinking that during the winter I would like to take my training back to square one. Well, techincally I guess shooting technique would be square two with square one being safe firearms handling. But I digress...

...If anybody knows of some good links to some fundamental shooting skills, I would appreciate it if you would share them.

One more thing...I know that hands on training from a reputable institution (Front Sight for example) is the prefered method of training. Someday, I intend to do so. However, currently I have neither the finances or space in my schedule to do so. Also, I know that if hands on training isn't available, some professionally made video series is the way to go. Again...I intend to do so as soon as financially possible. Unless of course, somebody is willing to loan me the videos, or buy them for me for Christmas.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Any Good Shooting Technique Videos

MAGPUL DYNAMICS
    Carbine I & II
    Handgun
    and now Shotgun (havent seen this yet)

They are not cheap. I recomend searching for a used copy. But they are worth 10X the cost. Chris Costa And Travis Haley and great at what they do. Each set is probably around 5-6 hours of footage and advice. The videos follow a training class at the magpul dynamics training grounds. I have watched countless firearms training videos. These are by far the highest quality, most infomative, and best training aids to date.

If you want free check out youtube and search: Todd Jarret, Matt Burkett, Rob Leatham. Matt Burkett has some pretty good DVD's I bought one a while ago can't remember which one. All these guys have web sites and usually have tips and videos for free. PistolTraining.com is pretty good and for just shooting info the Brian Enos web site is IMO the best site on the web. Saul Kirsch has some pretty good free vidoes here: http://www.doublealpha.biz/courses-tips/coaching-clips/

All these are geared more toward competition but who in the world shoots better than these guys? If your looking for tactical type training I have no idea.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(York County)

it's not video, but i've seen this website recommended several times for dry fire practice.

http://www.personaldefensetraining.c...et=dryfire.php

it's something to do when it's cold out and your broke. nice and cheap too.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddog101775 View Post
    it's not video, but i've seen this website recommended several times for dry fire practice.

http://www.personaldefensetraining.c...et=dryfire.php

it's something to do when it's cold out and your broke. nice and cheap too.
    That's a pretty cool site. It's nice how they have the targets that will pop up on your monitor for different periods of time so you have something to practice to. It saves you from needing to buy a shot timer.

(Beaver County)

Larry Vickers will be filming his Combat Marksmanship DVDs in the next couple of weeks - keep an eye out for them because they will be great training aids.