Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Well, I got that Glock 27. Some Impressions...

Well, I got it. Traded with WheelinPA. Good guy, I think he lurks and checks the classifieds more than posts, but a good guy nonetheless. Did the transfer at Atlantic Tactical in New Cumberland, they only charge $25, which I take to be pretty reasonable. Plus they were very courteous and helpful.

I bought an assload of Winchester 155gr Silvertips and went to the range as fast as I could. Initially, that little thing is a cannon. Not totally unpleasant, but it is a little rocket. I shot 150 rounds, and have 350 more I'm going to shoot tomorrow. The worst part of shooting this gun was using a mag that had the Pearce extension on it. It would pinch my finger between the top of the extension and the mag well. Ouch! Like, a lot.

Aside from that all is well. I may try the GAP floorplates I've been told are much better than the Pearce extensions, so we'll see. I really don't mind shooting it without an extension, but I'll try anything once. Now I just need to get some good leather, because the gun came with an Uncle Mikes ankle holster, a Fobus, and an Uncle Mikes IWB... I'm kind of a holster snob. I may use the IWB holster for a pocket holster (I have big pockets.) And ankle carry really isn't for me.

Alright, enough of that, on to what you guys really care about, the pics:

Last edited by rwb1500; October 12th, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default Re: Well, I got that Glock 27. Some Impressions...

Very nice, A buddy of mine with a 27 has both Pearce and Scherer grip extensions. Of all the times I've shot it I've never gotten pinched, and he's never said anything of the like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I'm kind of a holster snob.

Shoulda got a G26, I'm kind of a 9mm snob

Nah just kidding. Nice new piece ya got there, .40 just isnt for me. As far as the grip extension bite goes, I sympathize with you, that does suck. A buddy of mine has one of the smaller Taurus PT's (forget which one but) any time I've ever shot it that happened. What did you trade for it if ya dont mind ? Well, anyway, nice gun, nice pic, get yourself some leather, enjoy.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Shoulda got a G26, I'm kind of a 9mm snob

Nah just kidding. Nice new piece ya got there, .40 just isnt for me. As far as the grip extension bite goes, I sympathize with you, that does suck. A buddy of mine has one of the smaller Taurus PT's (forget which one but) any time I've ever shot it that happened. What did you trade for it if ya dont mind ? Well, anyway, nice gun, nice pic, get yourself some leather, enjoy.
    I'm thinking I may end up with a 9mm conversion for it in the long run anyway.
    I traded an S&W 637 with some stuff (You know, pocket holster, snap caps, a little ammo, stuff.) for the Glock and some stuff. I think it was a good deal for both of us. I love J frame revolvers, but I have a 642 on lay away, so I was able to part with the 637.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    Very nice, A buddy of mine with a 27 has both Pearce and Scherer grip extensions. Of all the times I've shot it I've never gotten pinched, and he's never said anything of the like to me.
    I dunno, maybe I shoot like a retard and have big fat hands?

I'm looking at these though.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

(Delaware County)

Great choice, my carry piece 90% of the time. Second best to the 30sf

I'm thinking I may end up with a 9mm conversion for it in the long run anyway.
    Yup, there must be 20 different companies that offer conversion barrels for Glock. Lonewolf comes to mind first I guess and they have an assload of other parts for them too. Parts, parts, parts, if anything about a Glock, you can find TONS of shit for 'em. I would Definitely go for the barrel idea though, 2 guns in 1, cant go wrong.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Yup, there must be 20 different companies that offer conversion barrels for Glock. Lonewolf comes to mind first I guess and they have an assload of other parts for them too. Parts, parts, parts, if anything about a Glock, you can find TONS of shit for 'em. I would Definitely go for the barrel idea though, 2 guns in 1, cant go wrong.
    From what I'm hearing it take a little more than a barrel. And extractor as well, I've been told, because of case rim diameter? I think?

I dunno, maybe I shoot like a retard and have big fat hands?

I'm looking at these though.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/
    Not saying it doesn't happen, not having large hands/fingers probably helps me not experience it. If you don't have a problem shooting with no extension those GAP ones may be the ticket for you. Never used one but I prefer to get my pinky on there.

Anyway, congrats on the new (to you) Glock, happy shooting.

(York County)

Looks good!
    You will like it the more you shoot it, Glocks just run!.Like I said, get those GAP floorplates.I really think you will like them. I have not been pinched by mine but... can't guarantee you won't be??? You are welcome to try mine if you come down to Dallastown.

When you say you want to convert to 9mm do you mean for target shooting/plinking? or do you mean you want to carry it for defense in 9mm?
    I think you can just get a Lone wolf conversion barrel for it and maybe some 9mm mags? and it should work well enough for target shooting.
    But for defense I would use the stock .40 barrel.

You should be able to convert to .357 sig with nothing more then the conversion barrel and it should run as good/reliable as the .40 if that cartridge interests you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast