Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Randy Cain / F.I.R.E. Revolver class

The F.I.R.E. Institute has been trying to schedule a "revolver specific" class for about 3 to 4 years (maybe longer). Well, we finally pulled it off thanks to Randy Cain. He stepped in last minute to instruct this course at great personal inconvenience. He literally interrupted his travel schedule to teach the course and we are deeply grateful.

The course content was comprised of exactly the kind of information I had been interested in acquiring, specifically in regard to trigger press and general weapon manipulation. And as an added bonus, he even included a couple of hours of instruction on TD3 from his CQT curriculum.

For those who may not know, Randy has had significant experience shooting revolvers and his depth of knowledge and command of the "platform" translated into a very rewarding three days.

A few comments from others posted elsewhere:

When we began I was certain I'd never make 'El Presidente' in par. I didn't... but I came damn close and nearly cut my time in half from the start of the course.

I have found after watching Randy for about 12 years that he has the unique ability to break things down to the lowest molecule so the student understands it, then teach how to simplify each act to speed up the movement so that the student can totally understand it and in the process the student gets smoother and faster.

..... he identified a serious problem I was having with my speed-loads so I could fix it. It was just two days of solid information and good ideas, and a day of drills and taking the revolvers apart to examine all the inner workings and what we should or should not be doing inside there.

..... we all improved after three days with Randy. I believe my front site focus has definitely benefited from revolver training. Never thought I could shoot such a tight head shot group off hand at 25-30 yards. It all comes down to the front site. The techniques on revolver manipulation were fantastic. I really feel comfortable with a revolver now and I'm planning on getting a 686 or similar.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Randy Cain / F.I.R.E. Revolver class

Randy is a great Teacher.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Randy Cain / F.I.R.E. Revolver class

One student who was taking the class came over to run the house stage. It consisted of standing, kneeling, and prone with 3-5 targets each. I ran him through the stage and was very impressed with his manipulations, reloads, and trigger control. He was slower than most people with semi pistols, but for a lefty with a wheelgun and three reloads he did very well. More importantly was the deliberate smoothness he displayed. I have no doubt Randy played a huge part in getting this student so polished in just a few days.

I would have loved to sit in and watch some of this class. I carry the revolver from time to time and could really use some instruction.

~B