So, Sat am again, went to the bagelicious with my daughter for our customary breakfast...I was OC as I frequently do...uneventful as usual.

We proceed to the Farmers Market located at the Upper Merion Township building Parking lot.

I get my coffee, buy some artisan bread, whole milk milk-shake (etc). While waiting for my daughter to have her face painted, I hear the tell tale... "SIR! SIR" over my left shoulder about 12 feet or so away.

I continue to engage my daughter in conversation, commenting on how still she is sitting for the artist painting the Turquoise and Pink butterfly on her face, and ignore the contined and repeated attempts to disengage me from my conversations.

So one of UM's finest decides to close the distance and gets within personal space in a fairly loud manner (similar in tone and volume as he was shouting "SIR!" from a dozen feet aqway, and yet was only 3 feet away now).

UMPD: Show Me your permit

ME: I respond in roughly the equal volume, maybe slightly lower, as I did not know if the officer had a hearing problem and was speaking louder than normal

Officer....you know as well as I do, one is not required while on foot.

(UMPD facial reactions were priceless....rolling of eyes, disgusted look, etc)

UMPD: In a normal tone of voice now ...
You think something is going to happen at a Farmers market...with kids around...(didn't wait for a response to question)... Show me your license..

ME: I am not required to show you my license, I am only required to identify myself to you. (again with the strained facial expressions... felt like if we were in a dark street he woulda exploded!)

My response to the officer must have taken the people around me back a bit... you could hear the gasp and almost snicker from the locals, this kinda pissed him off a little more...

UMPD:Where do you live....

ME: Pennsylvania, My name is "marinakorp" ... I spelled slowly, clearly and using "M" as in Mary and "N" as in Nancy wherever appropriate.

UMPD: you gonna give me your birthdate?

ME: I have identified my self to you and have fulfilled my obligation, now if you don't mind, I would like to get back to enjoying my daughters company. as I gestured towards my daughter having her face painted only a few feet away.

UMPD: Turned and walked towards his cruiser in a huff... filling out paperwork, checking his SCMODS no doubt.

A second vehicle showed, I stayed where I was with my daughter, finished my coffee, and enjoyed my daughters company. officer 1 spoke to officer 2 (probably supervisor) and returned to vehicle and both drove off.

We stayed at the Farmers Markert for a little while longer, they had a old fashion wool / yarn spinning and loom demonstration that held our attention for a little while, and off to the playground for some rock climbing and other assorted 6 year old frivolity.