Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Picking Up My Remington 1911 R1 Monday!

I'm Über excited and can't wait for the next 24 hours to go by.

I went into the Security and Military Depot here in Home, PA (Indiana). It's a small little mom and pop type shop in this guys basement. Mostly military guns (AK's, AR's, Mosin's, etc.) and they had the Remmy sitting there in the display case. Well, being as I was in the market for a new .45 anyway, I couldn't help but look. Y'all, listen, this gun fit my hand so perfectly I couldn't believe. It was just one of those things where once I held it, I couldn't let go. It just felt so solid in my hand...somehow I knew I just had to have this gun. I've held plenty of 1911's over the years...there was just soemthing about this one that I couldn't get over. Although it will end up breaking my original spending limit, the price, I think, was quite reasonable. $575 (plus 6% sales tax and $5 for the background check) The only reason I didn't walk out of there with it in my hands on Friday is the owner (Tim Jevicky) wasn't there...so I wan't able to put up my old deer rifle in trade. BUT, here's the kind of great people they've got working in that shop, the dude put it on hold for me with NO MONEY DOWN. Mind you, this was my first stop into this particular store. I think it's great to see a shop that still trusts it's customers like that.

Anyway, I'll hopefully have it out on the range either Monday evening or Tuesday morning. Either way, I promise there will be a full range report coming soon.

PS-I've already put in an order at comp-tac.com for a Minotaur Spartan half body, and tuckable mag pouch.

Default Re: Picking Up My Remington 1911 R1 Monday!

Congrats. Can't wait to hear how it performs. I was able to see one at the range a few weeks ago. The guys shooting it just bought it. I don't think he had any problems with it.

(Butler County)

I'm sure you'll like the Remington. I love mine. A couple hundred rounds through it with no problems. Enjoy!

(York County)

Sweet, be sure t post some pics of it when you get it. I had a hard time deciding over that or a Springfield GI.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    Sweet, be sure t post some pics of it when you get it. I had a hard time deciding over that or a Springfield GI.
    The think I like about the Remington over the Springfield GI is you've got the lowered ejection port and beveled mag well. I know the GI isn't lowered...I'm not sure about the mag well though.