Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default (California) Bigotry against gun owners on display at street fair

“Now we are not here to debate their second amendment rights,” Thin Ice lead singer Russ Lesser announced to his Manhattan Beach Hometown Fair audience. “However, we are here to exercise our first amendment rights of free speech to ridicule this group for incredible bad taste and stupidity.”

Ridicule who?

Members of South Bay Open Carry, a group that promotes the right to carry handguns openly, in compliance with California law. Some, not used to seeing people exercising even a bit of freedom in this regard, reacted as bigots typically do when confronted with ideas that intrude on their provincial biases: with hostility, ignorance and arrogance.

Weighing in on the first count, Lesser's narrow-mindedness was particularly telling, especially considering his influence in the beach community (and beyond). In addition to being in a popular local band, he is also a long-time Manhattan Beach councilman and former mayor, and president of Body Glove International. A fellow-band and family member is a U.S. Attorney, someone who presumably took an oath as a condition to assuming power. So, naturally, they abused their leadership positions and the advantage of a stage to gin up hostility and intolerance.
    Link

Im thinking boycott Body Glove.....hows that sound?

(Venango County)

Default Re: (California) Bigotry against gun owners on display at street fair

Ok, so a guy who has enough money to just start up a band, that I for one have never heard of doesn't think it is in good taste to carry a firearm?

Well, I'm using my first amendment to say obviously, if the band was any good, someone would have heard about them. All they are doing, is using a hot ticket item to drum up publicity.

I would boycott them, but I never purchased their stuff to begin with.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Easiest boycott ever for me. What is body glove anyway? Who is this clown that he thinks the world cares about his opinion. Wait family band like in nobody else thinks that we are good?
    We need to get the message across that just because you think that you are somebody the world will not necessarily listen to you. Actors, musicians and other hollywood types place way too much importance in their opinions.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Wayne County)

I don't think I'll be buying any Body Glove stuff any time soon. But, then again, not a whole lot of surfing going on up here on the Plateau. Also, never saw the benefit of spending my money to be some products billboard.

I think Connal is right upthread. No talent band attempting to gain publicity w/ hot button topic. Genocide, starvation and earthquake victims were so "last year."
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

I was looking at a Body Glove case for my Droid2.....not anymore.

Body Glove makes more then surfing apparel.

(Chester County)

nvm. bodyglove sucks
    Last edited by mmcallister; October 12th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Lifes hard, its even harder when your stupid - John Wayne.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmcallister View Post
    body glove? ahhh that surfer gear stuff that we need for the AWESOME jersey shore.........................anyone else hoping that state falls into the ocean along with its (neighboring states largest city) so that we can have a shore thats not covered in dirty needles and aborted fetus'
    Was that really necessary?

What are you 12?

Quote Originally Posted by mmcallister View Post
    body glove? ahhh that surfer gear stuff that we need for the AWESOME jersey shore.........................anyone else hoping that state falls into the ocean along with its (neighboring states largest city) so that we can have a shore thats not covered in dirty needles and aborted fetus'
    I love open minded people that don't lump the population of a whole state or city into one group that they hate!
    Just like anti-gunners do - they too are so open minded and sincere – and do care about individuals (please note the sarcasm!)

(Chester County)

sorry, bourbon moment....ignore everything i wrote last night
    Lifes hard, its even harder when your stupid - John Wayne.